User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bare root?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Bare Root when it will be shipped without being potted and very little dirt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bare root is when the plants aren't shipped potted. You'll receive a plant, usually in a baggie, ready for YOU to pot up. Some soil is usually left around the root ball to keep it from drying, though some people also use paper towel, etc.

It's safe to order bare root.. just be prepared with sphagnum peat moss on your end! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of the management. And the management will be happy to hear that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sell plants like sugar cane on E Bay. I ship all plants Bare Root it saves on shipping cost . First I take the plant out of the pot and try to get the soil off without breaking any roots then I give them a nice shower to wash away the soil I could not get with my hands . After that I get wet paper towels and give them a dip in some water and B1 mix . I wrap up the roots and place them in a bag and box it and send it on its way .

If you buy a plant Bare Root have the soil for it ready and plant right away .

_-West-_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thx guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually, bare root is when we go around lifting up the plants skirts and showing off their roots to everyone around... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

seriously,

Pretty much everything I have ordered from here has been bare root, and it has all come in stellar condition, so no worries!
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey