What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bare rooting

I need some help on shipping plants bare root. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Kevin

PS The plants are drosera intermedia and Beleziana.

What I usually do is leave as much soil on the roots as possible. Then I take a small handful of LF sphag, get it wet and give it a little squeeze so that it is only damp (like a sponge.) Wrap the roots in the damp sphag and then put the whole bundle in a zip lock. For good measure I usually double bag just in case but that is probably just me and my overkill obsession. Pack it into a box with padding and then head for the post office as soon as you can
wink.gif

Wrap the roots in sodden kitchen roll or sphagnum moss. and put the whole thing in a freezer bag.

the way that dean at cooks carnivorous plants ships drosera to me is that he wraps the roots with some soil on them in a moist paper towel and places them in a zip lock bag. I dont know wether or not this will work with those particular kind,but i hope so.

Back