What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane claudette

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Hurricane Claudette is headed towards Texas. I just want to let the members that are in it's path know that I am thinking about you and hoping for the best. I know what you guys are facing, I've been through quite a few myself, including some category 3 and 4 storms.
Pft is located in Houston so I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say that I hope you the best and have no damage.
Good luck, we'll be thinking about you.

Yes, Best of luck to all of you!

Cole

Thanks for your thoughts! We're keeping a close eye on the weather and hoping for the best too. Right now it looks like we should be north of where the storm is supposed to come in and if the storm behaves we should be ok
smile.gif

Thanks for wishing the best, because I'm right in the middle of tornado alley in Texas, and although probably not being noted on national news, our meteorologists expect a 30% possibility of tornadoes coming our way off of it, but it's happened several times before, so I think it'll be OK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

2 weeks ago we had what was called a straight wind, twice. The wind gusts were up to 100 miles per hour. I was working during the winds. They only last 15 minutes, but we had full sized trees snapped in half all over town. Good Luck guys and hang on!!

Straight line winds are also very scary, and semi-frequent here, they snap and blow trees for miles, and cause the lake that normally is still to have 6 foot waves! Thanks for your support again, and best wishes to people in the area that the hurricane is headed right at, as we're only expecting side effects... BEST WISHES!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

I hope all is well for those in the storm.

Take care everyone out there in Texas, I hope all of you will come out well and with no damage when this thing blows away.

I have a friend in from Houston right now, and they just got hit yesterday as he was leaving. He said trees looked like toothpicks getting snapped and blown around. As for the CPs there...
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Back