Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacps-great show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was the quarterly BACPS meeting at UCBC
    It was by far the most confusing mess I've ever seen [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]
    Due to horrendous traffic I didn't make it for the raffle but I do know that many heliamphora where donated to it also Zach Lim (Cephalotus88 ) donated at least a U.Gibba there were more oddities such as aldrovanda etc.
    John (Spectabilis73) didn't make it for some odd reason
    The vendors including Phil Faulisi and so many others came to the show also the guys from HortusBotanicus in Fort Bragg Cali came and displayed at least a hundred Neps and sold some soil mixes. I even saw vendors who had only been into cps for 3 months and still selling plenty.
    I personally picked up a D.Dichotoma "Giant" for $5 from Phil
    A N.Bical from HortusB for slightly more...
    One man was selling a couple drosera some byblis seeds and a real nice 3" pot of 2 N.Spectabilis with tons of pitchers and tons of that green moss that pops up everywhere he threw in a D.NitidulaXPygmae and a ? drosera (I can't read his handwriting) so I got it too.
    I obviously couldn't stop myself so I got a large N.Ventrata just to deplete the rest of my money
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Eventually The judges (Peter D' Amato,Geoff Wong,etc.) got finished judging the plants brought in

Best of show went a beautiful Nep in a clear case being as stupid as I am I forgot to write the name down...

1st place for Vfts was a wide bowl filled with well cared for and huge vfts atleast 15 vfts whose traps reached 1 1/2" to 2 1/2"

1st place for Drosera a huge clump of binata so dense I never saw the pot

1st place for CP Art a metal sculpture of a vft with multiple traps mimicking the real thing some were open others were closed it won over 2 other pieces both drawings of sarrs

It was too packed to notice the other winners but the show was a hit and was fun for everyone who participated
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

spec did'nt come cuz he moved to oklahoma , and i don' think he'll ever be able to go to the meetins because of that . but i sure missed alot because i live in southern california and the best meetins are always up north .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He left sooner than I thought, That sucks.
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping that the fascination of cps will grow in the future, so that we are lucky enough to have one of these meeting, in every region, so we will all be able to expand our knowledge, with more intruging sites of these facinating species =D.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit Double post look at second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said!

A lot of people were there who had never kept cp's b4 and were fascinated by them I just hope they know to use distilled water!
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

This was my first time at the BACPS and traffics was a mess. Unfortunately, I was not able to stay for more than an hour...but the plant sale was amazing! I found some great P. emarginata specimens, as well as D montana v tomentosa, and what is labeled as D admiralibis (although I don't think thats what it is). It is still a fantastic plant. I wish I had had the presence of mind to get the names of the vendors so I could help support the cultivation efforts. If any of you in the Bay Area know the vendors...esp the folks selling Pings and Sundews please let me know! I'm currently working of a whole slew of P esseriana seedlings that hopefully will be ready to donate at the next meeting.

Damon
    Nothing needs so reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone take pics? Sounds like a great meeting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast