What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

Hello,
------please-help!-some-of-the-letters-ob-my-keybrad-are-messibg-up-,abd-the-space-bar-does-bot-work!!!-help!!!wheb-i-type-the-letter-to-the-left-of-w,-the-programs-screeb-comes-up...HELP!!!
------------spec

buy a new keyboard

Casper

Check your connections and reboot!!!

Max

cab't,-this-is-a-laptop.
capslock,
---------tried-that.-wob't-work...
sad.gif

hey i foubd a way to get spaces! i just click ob a smiley:), backspace it, abd use the spaces made by the smiley...i-wobt-do-that-htough,-that-sebtebce-took-me-7-mibutes,-abd-this-obe-obly-1...gre
at-,the-bumber-before-3-is-messed-up...lol

You have a couple options.

If your laptop was made in the last 3-4 years, you can get an external keyboard (PS2 or USB) which is the cheapest fastest way of getting it working.

Second option, if it is under warranty you can send it back and have it fixed.

Third option is try to fix it yourself. It sounds like you have a bad connection for the keys. Did you spill something on it? It involves disassembly of the keyboard and cleaning with rubbing alcohol...I do not recommend this option.

Reminds me I need to buy another keyboard for my other computer.
sad.gif

Oh yeah, if you want an easier way to type spaces. Highlight a single space with your mouse, go to edit and hit copy. Then type ctrl+v to paste a space. Not quite as fast as a space bar but it is faster than the smiley trick.

Another trick, if you have it...

Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Accessibility->On Screen Keyboard

It isn't fast but it works for the keys that don't work.

Sometimes this happens to me after I download an mp3 from WinMix. If I delete the file and all traces of it, then reboot, all my problemss dissapear. Sometimes though, the file won't let you delete it, so you have to delete the folder it's in. Make sure you copy all the other stuff from that folder to another folder.

Mike

EDIT: Did you download anything recently?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (monkeyman @ Oct. 03 2003,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sometimes this happens to me after I download an mp3 from WinMix. If I delete the file and all traces of it, then reboot, all my problemss dissapear. Sometimes though, the file won't let you delete it, so you have to delete the folder it's in. Make sure you copy all the other stuff from that folder to another folder.

Mike

EDIT: Did you download anything recently?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I've-beeb-ob-battle.bet-playibg-starcraft-,abd-I-ibstalled-the-cds-atari-battle-tabks,-or
-somethibg-like-that,maybe-somethibg-else

Hey spec,

Don't think this will solve your problem but might help a bit - turn your laptop upside down and tap on the back repeatedly. Burping your laptop baby might dislodge some crumbs or dustbunnies that may be interfering with the keys.
confused.gif

Well, after some thought I don't know why so many keys would go bad at once. First things first, delete your most recent downloads.

Run AV

Download spybot search and destroy and adware, update them, and run them both. Clear out the suggested stuff.

If the problem still percists then it is *probably* hardware

Casper

Make sure your laptop hasn't been sneeking into the liquor cabinet when no ones looking.
wink.gif

Sorry 'bout the joke but the only other advice I have is try some percusive maintenace (I suspect you already have
rolleyes.gif
). My last keyboard did the same thing after I spilled water (from my VFTs) in it.

alien.gif

I knew that I shouldn't have left that coke bottle cap off...
rolleyes.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif

I ended up having to buy a new keyboard and hooking it up to the USB port...
confused.gif
I tried swiching hard drives, but the keyboard still wouldn't work.

Here is a funny story:

While i was buying the keyboard (was at the checkout), these two ladies at the cash register were carrying on about california, here is something along the lines of what they were saying:

"Califonria has great weather, blah blah blah, the people are crazy though. They are all blah blah blah, blah blah blah,"
"typical californian" "laughter"
Then they go carrying on about how stupid they are, making fun of them, etc. Then after they were done ringing everything up, She asked, "cash or credit" lol
My dad paid with cradit card. They asked for some ID, so he used his car liscence. He flashed it to them, amking sure they could both see "CALIFORNIA" Her face turned pale. She shifted a bit, uneasily, and looked real nervous. Both of them were quiet. AFter she rang up the credit card, she said, "thank you" in a real shaky voice. Ah, that was great.
biggrin.gif
I will never forget that
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
alien.gif

Don't you just love it when you can do something like that?
(BTW, that story was true, happened tonight, it was so funny!!&#33
wink.gif

-Spec

Back