What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ethnobotanical properties

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
I am not planning on using cp's to get high, i use life to get high.

I was just wondering, are there any ethnogenic properties of carnivorous plants?

I have heard that nep nectar is a mild hallucinogenic. Don't know if it's true, but I have seen ants get quite drunk before they fall in.

Sure there are, i look at my little hamata, and it transfixes me.  All other mental functions cease.  I barely breath, concentrating on the plant.  Time passes imperceptibly to my comatose being...

There!  It grew!  

Life returns to my body, and i am freed from the wiles of the dangerous narcotic that is CPs. For the moment...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was just wondering, are there any ethnogenic properties of carnivorous plants?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

What are you asking? Ethnogeny isn't at all relevant to CP's. I think Pinguiculas used to be (and maybe still are) used to curdle milk, hence the name. There is an English gentleman, whose name I forget, who makes various tinctures/decoctions etc. from Drosera and swears by their use in the treatment of various ailments.

Giles

yeah... thats why i posted it in the general forum...

D. Muscipula, I bet if you plants could read your post and talk they'd say, Ahhhhh you're so terribly sweet.
biggrin.gif

Back