User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best insect to feed your CP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feed all mine meal worms, works great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've fed some of my plants maggots, with great results. i got them from a bait shop. if they wiggle a little too much, poke a pin through them and they slow down, without killing them. and the pin makes a good handle for popping them into vfts.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manually feeding live bugs grosses me out. I don't like killing anything really (well...unless its a camelback cricket which grosses me out more alive than dead). My VFTs and sarras feed themselves quite nicely. And the smaller plants do pretty well on small flying bugs and fungus gnats. I let Momma Nature do her thing as much as possible. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Suzanne

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well crickets have got to be my favorite just because I can run to the pet store and buy them, they are cheap and I haven't had any traps go bad from them.
    When I lived at the house (now I am in an apartment) I used to feed them earwigs and the plants loved them but for some reason they don't get digested all of the way. Plus you gotta worry about them getting in the soil.
    Hm... You know crane flies work nicely too I HATE them darn things! and its kinda fun to watch their legs twitch out of the traps [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12