Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HI FROM SUMATRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fatboy! Im so jelous.....you are so lucky. I have been to Indonesia once, but only in Jakata and the main cities. stayed for about the whole summer for my aunts wedding. No cp's where i was. is it possible for me to have one seed of any nep please? thanks-Zach
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, Heck!

I usually stay out of here.. cuz I'm not real diplomatic now adays... with so much going on.

But *GUYS*!!!!!!!!

Stop ASKING FOR STUFF!! Geez!

I mean... well.. it has a place, and in a thread like this... is not the place. Fatboy is sharing an experience with us... not encouraging everyone to ask for something from Sumatra (though I would like some native coffee)

Anyway, And... though I've been advised to keep the dirty laundry in the closet. But this is going to be done in public and for good.

HOWEVER <yes, there is always a HOWEVER>

tuyen thi:

I am removing your ability to post. As far as I am concerned it's for good.

We've talked and talked and talked. It just does no good.

You've not listened to a word (suggestion) we've said to you in private... and keep pushing.

So.. I've made my opinion known... for better or for worse.

Now, I must wrap this up.. by saying... that it bothers me to have to slap someone's hand (or face) in public. But some people just NEVER LEARN. It's like the little kid who stops acting like an *** when you embarass them in front of their friends. Sometimes that's all that works.

I guess I wouldn't be a very good father... I'd probably be arrested for smacking my whining child in the grocery store.
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

... and then there was silence...
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you were asking for just one seed. Unlike somebody who wants enough plants to grow a rain forest. I'm not going to say any names...
    Statik2426

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, am I the only here here that doesn't want Nepenthes seeds? Just joking (but I still don't want any) . lol
    SEE!! smileys are healthy for your ind and soul..... lol
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, I was just saying "Hi" didn't mean to stir up this storm!! Parasuco I have read enough of your posts to know when you are being serious or not (not often ) and no offense was taken by your post - don't stress!!

Short post as we're leaving to go to Sibolga (more amp, reinwardtiana, gracilis, sumatrana and longifolia) in about 10 mins.

Went up Singalana yesterday and as I suspected it wasn't that thrilling. LOTS of gymnamphora but no seed . Didn't make the summit as Kai was tired, his first serious mountain so not bad for 7 years old.

To all and sundry re seeds - the onus is on me at the moment to collect some seed for Phill Man first and foremost as he gave me about $500 (Australian) worth of plants when I met him a few months back. His only condition was that if I happened to find some seed on one of my trips would I mind posting him some. Obviously I feel obliged to return his kindness.
    Nep G I did promise you some and I will keep some aside for you. It may not be much and it won't be of everything I found cause at this time I only have a bit of some species.
    To everyone else whatever I find enough off I am happy to share. Post is VERY expensive from here in Indo and for that reason as well as a further obligation that I feel to give something back to the guys that run this forum, I will do as I did last time and post everything to Phill and Jaie. Best you ask them what is available after some time later.

Photos I got heaps but most of them are of my son holding pitchers and in front of Sumatran houses, etc. Anyway, you'll see later.

No computers in Sibolga as far as I know but I'll be back here in the Novotel in about four days so until then...

later dudes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not meaning to be rude but didn't fatboy just make a post update of how his trip is going? I am not fatboy but wouldn't you want to bring this topic of the seeds/plants when he comes back home. As I am sure he will not want to end up reading all of this because of one simple post update.

I thought it is really nice to have fatboy do a post update and I enjoyed reading it a lot - like all of you did. It gets annoying hearing about Tuyen especially after what just happened to him. I think it is time to move on .

Thanks,
    travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still jealous Like I said, don't sweat it, I'll take what I can get Hope you're having fun!
    I am back..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast