What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivorous plant crafts

I don't consider myself crafty, but since there is a lack of CP related gifts other then plants themselves I have created a few things on my own.

1. Carnivorous Plant bookmarks - I went to Printmaster (there are other art programs that can do the same). Mine had a section just for making bookmarks. I then copied and pasted a few CP pics, and resized them to fit. Then I printed them out.

2. CP T-Shirts - I went to Walmart and found some printable iron-on transfers. I also bought two of those new "no tag" t-shirts. Went home printed some pics on the transfer and made a new shirt. I think total it cost me $10 for the transfers and t-shirts.

These are a few ideas. Anyone else have others?

I want to find someone who can print me some plant stakes, with a little "This plant comes from the Dawnstar Collection"
with my atavar and some space to be able to write the name, date, and any pertinent data.

Those are some great ideas Dr. CP. Welcome to the forums, by the way.
smile.gif

I wouldn't mind trying that with a T-shirt.

I can't think of any craft ideas, but I do like to make my own greeting cards. At the office, I am networked to a Canon color copier so I like to create and print my own cards with my CP and orchid photos. Its a bit of work but makes awsome custom cards. I also make custom envelopes as well. Its especially nice when you want to make a one-of-a-kind card for an special individual.
rolleyes.gif

Suzanne

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!</span></span>

Hi Dr. CP! WalMart has CP transfers?!!! ME WANT!!!

Those are some good ideas. Maybe you should talk to Phil and see if he'd sell them at exotic gardens. I'd buy one.
I know a girl that made vft puppets a while back.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want to find someone who can print me some plant stakes, with a little "This plant comes from the Dawnstar Collection"
with my atavar and some space to be able to write the name, date, and any pertinent data. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Tamlin, try asking Tony Parobek...he has stakes in his neps that say his nursery name on them.

I've always like the idea of taking a large nep pitcher, like a truncata, that can hold between 12 and 16 ounces (ok, not TOO big a pitcher) and preserving it in some sort of laminate....then using it as a beer stein! The lid could even be put on a hinge....

Back