What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They came!

Yeeee! My Sarr grab bag came today and it had an extra ultra small nearly rootless one tossed in.
biggrin.gif

It was almost a disaster though, I fell asleep at 1:30 after checking for the mail. I got up at 3
wow.gif
0 and double checked the box, sure enough, the post guy tossed it in the metal mailbox at the base of the driveway in high 80's weather!! I mean come on, it has a bright orange lable on it saying "PARASHABLE" and he puts it in something I could fry an egg on! LOL
wink.gif
it's okay though, I got them befor the heat built up much inside the box. They now rest in their new pots under the shade of a maple tree.

Hey Darcie, what size pot did you put them in? I all so got mine today. I've been waiting for them for the past two days. I can't wait to pot them.
biggrin.gif

five 4 inch,two 5 inch and three 6 inch pots. The little runt, I had to toss in a 2 inch pot cause it's all I could find. If I could have any though, most would have been in 5 inchers and 4 in 6 inchers, but I had trouble finding pots for sale in the right sizes. Actually, 3 plants fit the 4 inch pots best. I don't know what size rootballs you got so it's hard to say.

Incidently, do you know how to tell what speicies is what with their heads cut off like this? I can't tell.

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine just got here too
smile.gif
Time to go play in the dirt hehe.

Steve

I got my plants today too.
I also got a few extras.
biggrin.gif

I didn't expect that the rootsyestum would be that long. is it okey to trim the roots a little.

My plants also came today. They are all potted up in 4" square pots and a few in a mini bog. Hope they all do well for you – and me
smile.gif

Alright! I get to join this party! I got my bags today, too. I ran out of soil medium, though! Doh!

Hi ho, hi ho, to Home Depot i go...With for moss and pots and spag and bogs, hi ho, hihohihohihooooooo
biggrin.gif

right...sorry about that....getting a little late...:D

got mine too!
biggrin.gif

mine are all going together in one big community pot!

(to answer an earlier question..no, there is no way to tell what variety they are until they grow pitchers..)

Scot

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ July 30 2003,7:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alright!  I get to join this party!  I got my bags today, too.  I ran out of soil medium, though!  Doh!  

Hi ho, hi ho, to Home Depot i go...With for moss and pots and spag and bogs, hi ho, hihohihohihooooooo
biggrin.gif

right...sorry about that....getting a little late...:D[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
LMAO too funny....

To add to the topic I potted mine in 2- 8 inch pots and 1- 6 inch pot. 11 plants in all. I cant wait for them to start pitchering so I can know what I got.. lol

Steve

No, ah, no cut roots, cram roots in ball yes, but cut BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Showbiz, the only time I would recommend trimming the roots is if they're damaged. If they are healthy, trimming them only tends to increase the stress on your plant.

alien.gif

Thanks, I was about to do some thing that I would have cut them if it wasn't for you guys thanks Darcie and BigCarnivourKid. So I can roll up the roots in a ball? That doesn't hurt the plants at all?

Thanks, I was about to do some trimming. I would have cut them if it wasn't for you guys thanks Darcie and BigCarnivourKid. So I can roll up the roots in a ball? That doesn't hurt the plants at all?

I also got mine today. I got 10 + 2 extras for a total of 12. I put them in 11 various sized pots that i had. I barely had enough water trays for all of them! I also sprayed them with a little fungicide just to make sure. I can't wait to find out what they all are!!

-buckeye

just got mine today!  i bought a 10" wide by 8" deep pot to plant them in.  i'm planning on using mostly lfs, with some pearlite and some peat mixed in for good measure.

i can't wait to see them pitcher!

i also recieved a d. filiformis with another baby dew in the pot!

thank you phil, for yet another great sale!

peace all,
technoracer

I was just wondering how everyone's grab bag sarrs are doing.  All but one of mine have started to grow pitchers.  Two of them have pitchers 8-9 in. tall already!!  I still can't tell what they are yet.  

Also, since the grab bag plants have had such a short growing season (since July) will they be harmed when dormancy comes around?  I was just wondering this since summer is unfortunatly coming to an end.
sad.gif

-buckeye

8 or 9 inches!!!!! Holy moly what are you feeding that sucker??? The tallest of mine is 5 1/2 Inches tall right now, and I can not tell yet either what they are. I have one that is about 3 1/2 inches tall that looks pretty similar to my "Judith Hindle", it actually appears about ready to start opening in a few days. All of the bulbs are producing pitchers though, so as far as that I am very satisfied. I just wish they would hurry up so I can know what I have lol
tounge.gif

Good luck everyone with your grab bags
Steve

WOOHOOO , my grab bag and other plants came today , i was so urgeous to recive them . the box was pretty dented when i recieved it , looked like the mailman played soccer with it but everything in the box is ok , a lil warm though . i recived about 12-3 sar bulbs , thanks phil very much
biggrin.gif
and all my other plants look in great condition .

Back