Thread: Moderator

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha I just noticed that too :biggrin:
    so that's why I'm so vague sometimes...

by condensing the forums I hope you mean having most of the forums according to the trapping mechanism of the plants, which I think would be the most logical. eg Sarrs, Neps, Heliamphora, and Cephs would have a big forum all to themselves. Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum would have their own also. There could be a Utrics and Genlisea only forum. Dionaea'd probably need a forum specifically for them, because they're so popular and so as not to confuse new forum users. There could still be your company forum, the trading forum, and general discussions, where people could happily discuss Durians, fermented tofu, general cp and plant stuff, current events, and post pics! There could also be a forum dedicated to the more obscure cp, and a forum for noncarnivores that may or may not be offered by **********(if you do have this particular forum, I'd REALLY like to be a mod, tx). I don't think a forum exclusively for pic posting is necessary, but that's just me. Others have already suggested this stuff, so I'm just showing that I agree with them. Thanks in advance for keeping us informed, and tx for having such a funny signature!
    Chris "I think we need a noncarnivores forum" Roy

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to be a Moderator of the VFT board or maybe the Pitcher Plants board. Could I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote from jaie ""If you are interested....message Phil. I will talk to him to. ""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephano,

That quote was specific to Zach's case and might not apply here.

FlyGurl,

Certainly asking Phil &/or Jeff would be in order but there are some pseudo-qualifications that they would like you to have. They prefer people who have a lot of experience with the plant they Mod for. For example, I have a lot of practical experience with Utrics and Genlisea, Tamlin is doing a study of Drosera, Mike King has just about every Sarr known, CP2K is the Ping king, Tony can ID just about any Nep you show him, etc. They also look for people who a highly active in the forum so that they are easily available should someone need to talk to them. Those are the two main thing that Phil and Jeff look at most when picking Mods, but there is some other small stuff too I would guess.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was directed to FTG

i cephalotus88 is a mod alrady ,,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you have to bring your own mallet. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... I do have quite a bit of experience with VFTs. I know a lot about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Phil, can I be a Mod for the VFT board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast