What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i was wondering how someone can become a moderator of a forum page like lithops, etc. if pft ever needs one..especially in any new forum pages, shout me a holla! oh yea, why not make a cephalotus page? remember im cephalotus88...perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect moderator lol. thanks for hearing out my question
smile.gif

It just kind of happens....( to be a short answer)

We look for someone that is around a lot ( so they can hold the fort down while I am not here). To make sure nothing happens.

If you are interested....message Phil. I will talk to him to.

Around alot? Hmmm I wonder who that could be?
smile.gif
:cheesy:

Jaie you say it just sorta happens. So lets say I came on here tommorow morning and I looked at my usual "Advanced Member" title and in it's place would be "Moderator" is that what you mean? That would be cool to wake up come on in the morning and see Moderator as your title!!!!! That would be preety cool!!! Nep.G.

That's basically what happened to me!
smile.gif

However, the Staghorn Fern forum already existed when I asked to be a mod, and my wish was quickly granted! Thanks for that!
A Cephalotus forum would be interesting...I think it's been discussed before.
Remember, if you ever have a general noncarnivores forum...
smile.gif

Chris

Without over-crowding this all up...

We are in the process ( it seems I am always in the process of something ) of condensing some forums down and adding others....so that means when they come ( and they will ) I will need more people to help me out!

I will keep everyone informed...and ask those for help that want to help out.

Ha Ha Ha Jaie

That little line under your name is the best yet!!
I love it.

ha I just noticed that too :biggrin:
so that's why I'm so vague sometimes...

by condensing the forums I hope you mean having most of the forums according to the trapping mechanism of the plants, which I think would be the most logical. eg Sarrs, Neps, Heliamphora, and Cephs would have a big forum all to themselves. Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum would have their own also. There could be a Utrics and Genlisea only forum. Dionaea'd probably need a forum specifically for them, because they're so popular and so as not to confuse new forum users. There could still be your company forum, the trading forum, and general discussions, where people could happily discuss Durians, fermented tofu, general cp and plant stuff, current events, and post pics! There could also be a forum dedicated to the more obscure cp, and a forum for noncarnivores that may or may not be offered by Petflytrap(if you do have this particular forum, I'd REALLY like to be a mod, tx). I don't think a forum exclusively for pic posting is necessary, but that's just me. Others have already suggested this stuff, so I'm just showing that I agree with them. Thanks in advance for keeping us informed, and tx for having such a funny signature!
Chris "I think we need a noncarnivores forum" Roy

I want to be a Moderator of the VFT board or maybe the Pitcher Plants board. Could I?

Quote from jaie ""If you are interested....message Phil. I will talk to him to. ""

Stephano,

That quote was specific to Zach's case and might not apply here.

FlyGurl,

Certainly asking Phil &/or Jeff would be in order but there are some pseudo-qualifications that they would like you to have. They prefer people who have a lot of experience with the plant they Mod for. For example, I have a lot of practical experience with Utrics and Genlisea, Tamlin is doing a study of Drosera, Mike King has just about every Sarr known, CP2K is the Ping king, Tony can ID just about any Nep you show him, etc. They also look for people who a highly active in the forum so that they are easily available should someone need to talk to them. Those are the two main thing that Phil and Jeff look at most when picking Mods, but there is some other small stuff too I would guess.

Pyro

that was directed to FTG

i cephalotus88 is a mod alrady ,,.

And you have to bring your own mallet.
smile.gif

hmmm... I do have quite a bit of experience with VFTs. I know a lot about them.

So Phil, can I be a Mod for the VFT board?

use the messenger service,. thats why it is there

I would love to be a mod! I am not as psychotically wickedly awsum at certain plants, but, I have a large GENERAL knowledge of most CPs... Being a mod would be kewl....
smile.gif

You know,

You can always ask Jeff ( jaie ) too. I wrote to ask Phil when I wasn't always around.

But now that I am, he isn't
smile.gif
( odd how it works like that ).

What we ask is.... Besides what the great Pyro mentioned above:

1) no more than 3 Mods per topic
2) someone that is active ( a lot )
3) knowledge is always best
4) moving topics that don't belong
5) making sure that everyone plays nice
6) probably most importantly ( besides the knowledge ) is not bieng biasis. Being as neutral as possible and doing what is right for this community. That means, not getting mad at others for asking questions that have been asked before. Showing people the way. And if you are having a 'bad day' not taking it out on others ( or the board )

The moderators have the power to do a lot of things. But if something isn't right, contacting Phil or Myself is at the top of the priority list.

Deleting profane or insulting stuff ( but copying it and then sending it to us so we can see it )

Remember that we have many school kids here and arguing and bad language is not cool. For the memebers and for the people that haven't become a memeber yet.

We ask a lot from the people that are to be Moderators and everyone that is, is for a reason and have done a GREAT JOB!!
smile.gif

As time goes by, we look at people, then we contact them to ask them.

But also knowing who would like to be one helps out and you will be kept in mind.

Back