Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Your collection?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see...this is my first post (occasional lurker)...
    I have..
    * many VFT's, typical, red and dente
    * many Sarracenia's: flava, leucophylla, red tube, minor
    wriglyana (sp?), Judith Hindle, purpurea, etc.
    also have a few unknown id's
    * drosera, capensis red and alba, spathulata, adelae, alicia, filiformis traycii and unknown id
    * nepenthes madagascarensis, Judith Finn, khasiana, maxima, maxima x vetichii, ventricosa red, and unknown
    * heliamphora minor, heterdoxa x minor
    * cephalotus
    * darlingtonia
    * uticularia unknown aquatic and sandersonii (terr.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELCOME Clemmie! Don't lurk anymore, be a part of our community! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Clemmie,
    Sounds like you've got a great collection! I think I'd be right in saying you've got a good deal of experience with cp, and that you'd be a very helpful member of this forum. I've been a lurker before(I'm a long-time lurker on the cp listserv), and I think you can learn a lot more when you join in the discussions.
    nice to meet ya, [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Hmmm... it must have taken a very long time to collect > to mant utrics I've never even HEARD of!

Not as long as you think, and I'm sure the technique would work for collecting other species. I watched carefully for people who were selling plants, and bought up everything I could. They were never very expensive - never more than &#3610-15 - a cost which was recouped as they multiplied through trades.

I set up a nice-looking website that showed how interested I was. I found people who also had good collections and wrote polite emails offering to trade with them. I also help people out whenever I can, and often give away free plants when I have a surplus.

If you're polite, make an effort to educate yourself, spend a bit of money and try to contribute the CP community, it's quite amazing how fast you can increase your collection.

Anyway, just a thought.

tim.

PS. Don't envy my D. regia too much, after about a year it's still tiny. I had a bunch of them that all grew from seed (from Rowland's in the UK). I've given away all of them except one. They were really easy to germinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome. I've been growing cp's for about 3 years. I've had VFT's for about 10 years but never did much with them except divide and give them to neighbor's kids who killed them in less than a year. Now that we live in a house, I decided to garden so I have lots of pots of this and that. I put most of my cp's in a bog pot. The nep's stay indoors in the window with my orchids.

I'm lucky that I live a 15 minute drive away from California Carnivores. Peter and Merilee are very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 15 minute drive to California Carnivores?! Yes you're VERY lucky! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] I've always wanted to visit their place...of course, I hope to visit Exotic Gardens someday too;) CalifCarn is my #1 choice for anything ********** doesn't stock. Just wondering--does California Carnivores do on-site sales as well?
    thanks,
    Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my Growlist. I grow a variety of plants and sometimes have some for trade. Any plant/seeds marked with an * is a tradable plant. > represents seeds.
    TAKEN FROM MY SITE : HTTP://WWW.EXPAGE.COM/ZCP
    Drosera (sundews)
    -D.capensis 'alba' *
    -D.spathulata 'Kansai'
    -D.intermedia 'Cuba'
    -D.adelae
    -D.alicea
    >D.pygmea 'Bold Red'*
    >D.maciantha ssp. planchonii*
    >D.capensis 'alba'*
    >D.spathulata 'Kansai'*

Sarracenia (pitcher plants)
    -S.minor
    -S.purpurea
    -S.X 'Judith Hindle"
    >S.purpurea X flava seeds*

Dionaea m.(venus flytrap)
    -'typical' form
    -'dente' form

Nepenthes (tropical pitcher plants)
    -N.'Judith Finn' (N.spathulata X N.veitchii)
    -Nepenthes lowland hybrid (N.maxima X ?)
    -N.ventricosa 'Red'
    -N.spathulata cutting}Thanks to Geoff Wong
    -N.maxima Rooted Cutting}Thanks to Geoff Wong

Utricularia (bladderworts)
    -U.bisquamata
    -U.gibba

Pinguicula (butterwort)
    -P.ionantha

Cephalotus (West Australian Pitcher Plant)
    -Cephalotus f. (3 plants)

Other Carnivores
    >Byblis liniflora*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Byblis lininflora? Cool! I've already ordered lininflora seed from another source, but I hear it's an excellent terrarium plant. What's your way of growing it?
    thanks and great collection, [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Chris

(Edited by Dionaea Enthusiast at 2[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]1 pm on Nov. 14, 2001)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast