What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Your collection?

martin, I am adding some heliamphora to my collection next spring, the nursery that has them coming in will stop shipping tropiclas by the time they arrive, so he will grow them out for me all winter probably, and I'll get a bigger specimen come spring... and no.. it's a secret! I won't tell!

Hi again,
Yeah, I guess I've been a little intimidated by things like aldrovanda, genlisea, etc. I'm going to try to master the basics(not really basics)before I try those plants that I'm not at all familiar with. I can't imagine Heliamphora is too much harder than Darlings--I'll try it when I get the chance. A cp nursery?...I haven't got the ambition(or brains):) Also, I generally hate giving up plants!
smile.gif
I didn't remember a few of them, so I had to 'wander around'... I got a few strange looks!
Cheers,
Chris

My list is weenie compared to everyone elses:

Dionaea
8 commons (but will probably lose quite a few from the squirrel attack)
1 dentata (probably wont survive either)

Sarracenia
1 s. "unknown" (but pretty)
1 s. leukophylla
2 s. purpurea

Drosera (my personal favorite)
1 d. adelae
1 d. spathulata
1 d. "unknown"
1 d. capensis 'alba' (tiny baby)
1 d. binata
(the filiformis died... :-( ...and no sign of life from the rotundifolia or capensis i got in the mail)

1 nepenthes "unknown"

I plan to add more...particularly drosera. Soooooo many I'd like to have. My list is short and sweet...but I'm quite thrilled with all of them.

suzanne

Me have...

Nepenthes
1 alata
1 ampullaria
9 gracilis
1 rafflesiana(How can I not have one named after S'pore founder?
smile.gif
)
2 mirabilis
1 tobaicaXthorelli
1 ventrata
1 emmerene
1 maximaXventricosa
1 veitchiiXmaxima
at least 30 assorted cuttings

Butterwort
1 P.Xweser
1 esseriana

Bladderwort
1 Tricolor
1 unknown

Sundew
1 spatulata
15 intermedia (young)
1 capillaris
2 capensis

Cephalotus
1 very young
2 cuttings

VFTs
20 typical
2 sawtooth

Sarracenia
11 hybrids
1 purpurea venosa

Wish I can have more but have got limited space...in fact, I 've already pushed my luck with the plants listed above...they are all to go no further than a corner...on 2 windowsills and in a terrarium...Dad is monitoring...:)

N. ventricosa
N. khasiana
N. alata "spotted"
N. lowii

G. hispidula
G. violacia 'giant'
G. itacambria

U. humboldtii
U. sandersonii 'blue flower'
U. tricolor
U. dichotoma
U. longifolia 'white flower'

D. extrema
D. cv. 'Martson Dragon'
D. filiformis var tracii
D. intermedia
D. capillaris
D. unknown pygmy

S. minor
S. x excellens
S. 'Mardi Gras'

Darlingtonia

Cephalotus

P. moranensis
P. 'Sethos'
P. 'Aphroditie'

And I think that is it

Well...I guess everyone knows my LIST = )

but I do have other plants which I am proud of as well...

I have a couple of different STAPELIA. Some strawberries, orchids, herbs...ivy all over the house (with a larger greenhouse coming in the spring/early summer), bamboo, a patio full of cactus and vines.
And the very cool staghorn fern ( which are coming to the site VERY soon!!)
Plus...many different sar., nep., and few different ult. = )
my &#360.02

Just sidetracking...Singapore has about a million trees along the sides of the road to provide shade and greenery...staghorn ferns and orchids are delibrately planted on the trees (each tree is a property of the government! :biggrin: ).

Staghorn ferns are beautiful...

Ok I definitely have the shortest of all!!!

1 Nepenthes Alata
1 commom VFT

Actually there are 2 N. Alata in one pot, and something like 4-5 VFTs in one pot as well. That's how I got them, so I won't complain. I'll probably have to transplant some of the VFTs in spring though because the traps are all over each other. What chaos!

I actually like it when you have a big ol mess of chaos witht he flytraps going on... come spring, Phil is going to love me, I am going to order about 24 more green dragons, red dragons, dente's and typicals to augment my current 36" planter... I am calling it the planter of death.... I have also arranged for a Big Mouth and several other large traps to join the show...

That would be incredible. I hear flytraps are beautiful in colonies. Are you going to sort of 'mingle' the separate colors(typical/red dragon)or have them each in their own groups? I'll bet both would achieve nice results.
smile.gif

later
Chris

(Edited by Dionaea Enthusiast at 11:29 am on Nov. 6, 2001)

yeah, I was planning on an intermingling, I want to add some other exotics as well.. my cup trap will probably go out there, as well as a big mouth and some others I am interested in...

Yeah, flytraps are really cool. Otherwise I wouldn't be devoting a whole website to all the varieties!!
smile.gif

Noah

Nice website Noah
smile.gif
I have never seen a pom pom vft. It would be interesting to see an albino too I didn't know there was such a thing.

Yeah, albinos exist but are obviously a very short lived variety, as they can't do photosynthesis, and so die soon after germinating
sad.gif

Noah

P.S. I'm glad you like my site!

Hi Noah,
I'm glad you posted the pompom--I hadn't seen that particular pic yet. Judging from that list I saw, there must be TONS of VFT forms. I assume some of the names are actually identical plants?...Many other cp are tempting, but flytraps are still my favorite!
smile.gif

Chris

Well that would explain why I have never heard of or seen them.
Poor little guys!
sad.gif

Oh I almost forgot I got a new red dragon vft today to add to my collection!
smile.gif

HAAAPPY BIRRTHDAY TOOOOO MEEEEEE!!!!
It is from a local nursery I was there last week and spotted them and ofcourse pestered the lady to make sure they have been watered and taken care of right and what nursery they were from where is it located at. I bet that lady was glad to see me leave.
smile.gif
They had some nice looking plants though!

DROSERA
4 D. Spathulata
1 D. Adalea

VFT
1 Blood Red Trap
35 Common
40 Dente
40 Green Dragon
40 Red Dragon

SARRACENIA
1 Leucophilla
3 Purpurea ssp. purpurea
3 Formosa

DARLINGTONIA
2 Californica

NEPENTHES
1 Alata (x Ventrata)-Dark Red
1 Ventricosa x Maxima
1 Mirabillis
1 Ventricosa-Red
1 Sanquinea - Pink
2 Judith Finn

ALDROVANADA
3 Japan

UTRICULARIA
2 Gibba

CEPHALOTUS
1 Follucarius Gigantis (yes I have the coveted Giant):smile:

I also have a whole bunch of Mimosa germinating (thank you Troy) and soon a bunch of Drosera Intermedia (thank you Pyro).

Ram, I have 2 tanks that are packed full of VFT, it looks great, you'll like when you get yours. It's really cool if you layer the different types to make a rainbow of death. hehe

My collection is a little, well, different. Someone has to collect the small stuff...

Utricularia spp.

alpina
alpina x endresii (?)
biloba
bisquamata
blanchetii
calycifida
caerulea
cornuta
dichotoma
flaccida
graminifolia
hispida
juncea
lateriflora
livida (typical and blue-flowered forms)
livida x praelonga (?)
longifolia (white flowered form and var. forgetiana)
monanthos
nana
nephrophylla
novae-zealandia
paulinaea
praelonga
prehensilis
pubescens
pusilla
resupinata
sandersonii (regular and blue-flowered form)
simplex
striatula
subulata
tricolor
tridentata
uliginosa
uniflora
warburgii
welwitschii

Genlisea spp.

hispidula
repens (N)
pallida (N)
pygmaea (N)
violacea (2 clones; one very large, one tiny)

Drosera spp.

adelae
paradoxa
pulchella
regia
roseana

Pinguicula spp.

cyclosecta
moranensis

Sarracenia spp.

leucophylla
rubra
flava

Other spp.

Nepenthes sp. (Gubler's Orchids generic)
Dionaea muscipala (The first CP of my adult (?) life)
Darlingtonia Californica

You have A TON of utrics!!
I only have, what, six? I'm envious of that D. regia too!
Hmmm... it must have taken a very long time to collect to mant utrics I've never even HEARD of!
still shocked,
smile.gif

Chris

Back