Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flytraps outdoors in the cold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (0zzy @ July 12 2003,03:35)
    My bog is about 7 ft long by 4ft wide. I don't have it in the ground yet. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the house I'm living in yet or not. If I buy it I'll bury the bog.
    What I plan to do this winter is to surround it with heavy insulation. Then mulch the top with pine straw. I think that this will be good enough.[/QUOTE]
    how much did it cost you to make your bog
    what is it made out of
    what plants do you have in it
    can you take pics
    I love nepenthes

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish i had some ploace in my landscape to plant my flytraps. i don't have any trees for alittle shad in my yard and the mulch and soil would dry out to quick for them and they would be in direct sun all the time.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Direct sun is very good for vft's, you'll just have to make sure that the soil stays wet enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

i've been to ozzy's house and seen his neato bog, its sweet. im anxious to see what happens over the winter, mark you're such a risktaker!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] next time im over we should take some pics of your bog and i need to re-shoot that beastly nep of yours cause the other pics came out crappie [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] (spider looks coool though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]). there are soo many plants hidden in there, everytime im looking through it i find another sundew or something-they're everywhere!!!! definately cp-riffic
    In bleak description the waves come crashing; battering the very instinct of every lusting moment to fulfill this gaping desire. A mouth as dry as soot and how it once had tasted of life, fit within a momentís time; And how those fleeting days laid in the light of blissful suffering. -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kepping the soil wet would be the big problem- plus if i buy some from a green house, and planted them out in the yard in direct sun they would burn right

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the compliments. I have more plants in it now.

I'm glad that the pics of Spyder came out good because we won't have another chance of taking more pics of him. Sadly the wind blew over his aquarium the other morning when we had that really bad storm. I looked for him but I couldn't find him. I found his roommate, the guppie, he was still alive but he died later that day. Since I have no idea what Spyder was I don't know if he can survive without water. Please send me his pics next time I see you online.

You'll have to come over and get more pics of the nep, it just had another pitcher open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm what kind of animal are you talking about? just wondering. maybe i will check the green house and see if they have flytraps and i will experiment with one in my landscape and see what happens. if i took it out of the pot and and just dug a hole in my potting soil would that be ok? this soil is very soft and healthy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what he was. I had plnned to put his pics on here and see if anybody else knew what he is. I'll probably still do that. He looked like some kind of spider but he only had 6 legs. He lived in water and swam very good. I'll post the pic when Death66 sends it to me.

Don't use potting soil, it'll kill vft's. Use peat moss and perlite 50/50 mix.

9. Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast