What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's a good reference book?

• Thread starter seedling
  • Start date
I have the book " Savage Garden" and its a great book however however as I surf the net and such I am coming across allot of cp's that are not listed in it. I was wondering if any one could recommend another reference book?

thanks

Hello,

Are you looking for cultivation info, botanical descriptions, or just lots of species listed? Adrian Slack's Insect-Eating Plants and How to Grow Them is packed with sound cultivation info despite its age, but it is out of print.
sad.gif
Carnivorous Plants, also by Slack, is composed mainly of descriptions and is available at Amazon.com.

Then there are the more specialized books, like Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada by Schnell and Lowrie's Carnivorous Plants of Australia.

If you are after a pure no-frills species database there is this site. Good luck!

Back