Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It never hurts to ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, Dyflam, you are a lucky-duck! There aren't even any stores around here that sell neps....I saw ONE at Lowes once, but that's 40 minutes away... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when they have dead plants they never put them up for sale and they usually tell me that i can't have the dead plant because they will return the pot for a partial refund as well . i like the pots too especially the ones with the plants planted in lfs and when the plants die i ask them if i can have the pot but they still say no , but its weird , they give me a half dead plant free but they won't let me have the pot .dyflam your lucky , but 30 bucks for a plant , how big was the broken bone dry pot with the nep . i rarely see neps as well the first time i ever saw a nep was at home depot and i brought it right away , its growing sooo slow but i love it still . the only time i ever saw neps were 3 times thats it , and all the plants i saw i brought , considering that i only brought 3 plants .i rarely see cobra lilies , and butterworts as well .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mcrwt644, congrats on your new discounted plants. Chances are that the rhizomes will have enough life left in them to return to health once you have them in decent growing conditions. I would suggest that since they are already stressed from neglect that you go ahead and transplant them into a larger (at least 6" pot) with a 50/50% peat and sand mix. That way, once they start growing they won't have to be disturbed again for a couple of years or more. Be careful of the sand labeled "play sand" as it is usually very alkaline. If at all possible, use silica sand.
    One more thing, Lowe's and Home Dispute have a 1 year guarantee on all of their plants. Keep your receipt and take advantage of it in case the plant croaks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12