Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It never hurts to ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a local wal mart last night and I saw some very pathetic looking sarrencia purpeas. I decided to save one (or as my wife would say "try") at the price of $3.97. I read in The Savage Garden that the author had once aquired several vfts at %50 off and I asked the cashier if that may be the case here considering that they looked in such poor condition. To my surprise, she said yes and I purchased four at the price of $1.50 ea! Now I know that these plants have a relatively long road of recovery ahead of them, but hey, it never hurts to ask now does it??

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do that all the time with orchids at Lowes. If there is one that I think can be salvaged, I go to the front desk and say I don't want to pay full price for a plant that might die on me in a week. They have usually complied--half price or more. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] With good care, the orchids do fine.

So no it never hurts to ask. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yha , it never hurts to ask , look what i did a few weeks ago : cp road trip rescue alothugh one time i asked i got in an arguement with the manager of a plant store .

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, last year me and my mom saved a S. lecopylla 'tarnok'. and a S. 'judith hindle' that was 10 bucks, and got them for 4.50. And then later that year they put all their plants on sale for 75 cents. I bought a few flytraps and a S. purpurea for that. All those plants are growing great.

Wes
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny. I asked the people that worked there if I could have/buy the dead plant (I really wanted the pots with the cool lids) for cheap. They said no, that if they returned the pots to the company, they would get a partial refund. I've never seen them put plants on sale, even when they're dead they're still full price!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to my local nursery yesterday to look at plants and was looking for their neps (always coccinea) and I saw one lonely plant hanging in a broken pot bone dry. I asked the salesperson if they could knock a little off the price ($29.99) since it was in poor condition. He took me to the manager with the plant and she said "just give it to him"... excellent. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What store was that, I'm in PalmBay/Melbourne area now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (SnowyFalcon @ Aug. 01 2003,07:42)
    What store was that, I'm in PalmBay/Melbourne area now?[/QUOTE]
    I live in Palm Bay hehe. It was Rockledge Gardens north of here on US1.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast