Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It never hurts to ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a local wal mart last night and I saw some very pathetic looking sarrencia purpeas. I decided to save one (or as my wife would say "try") at the price of $3.97. I read in The Savage Garden that the author had once aquired several vfts at %50 off and I asked the cashier if that may be the case here considering that they looked in such poor condition. To my surprise, she said yes and I purchased four at the price of $1.50 ea! Now I know that these plants have a relatively long road of recovery ahead of them, but hey, it never hurts to ask now does it??

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do that all the time with orchids at Lowes. If there is one that I think can be salvaged, I go to the front desk and say I don't want to pay full price for a plant that might die on me in a week. They have usually complied--half price or more. With good care, the orchids do fine.

So no it never hurts to ask.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yha , it never hurts to ask , look what i did a few weeks ago : cp road trip rescue alothugh one time i asked i got in an arguement with the manager of a plant store .

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, last year me and my mom saved a S. lecopylla 'tarnok'. and a S. 'judith hindle' that was 10 bucks, and got them for 4.50. And then later that year they put all their plants on sale for 75 cents. I bought a few flytraps and a S. purpurea for that. All those plants are growing great.

Wes
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's funny. I asked the people that worked there if I could have/buy the dead plant (I really wanted the pots with the cool lids) for cheap. They said no, that if they returned the pots to the company, they would get a partial refund. I've never seen them put plants on sale, even when they're dead they're still full price!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to my local nursery yesterday to look at plants and was looking for their neps (always coccinea) and I saw one lonely plant hanging in a broken pot bone dry. I asked the salesperson if they could knock a little off the price ($29.99) since it was in poor condition. He took me to the manager with the plant and she said "just give it to him"... excellent.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What store was that, I'm in PalmBay/Melbourne area now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (SnowyFalcon @ Aug. 01 2003,07:42)
    What store was that, I'm in PalmBay/Melbourne area now?[/QUOTE]
    I live in Palm Bay hehe. It was Rockledge Gardens north of here on US1.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast