Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, has anyone ever fed cicada to their CP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cicadas are way way too big for most cps. Venus fly traps, drosera and so on. Maybe when they are young cicadas and small maybe they are feedable. You proably can feed them to your pitcher plants. Cut them up into pieces =D or if you pitcher plant can handle it the whole thing. YuMMy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a cicada in my N. amp pitcher 2 days ago. Seems to be enjoying it, but time will tell. Most of the cicada, I am assuming we are talking about the same insect. I believe every 7 years a mass of adults emerges for mating. At this time, there are thousands in the trees.
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They "chirp" through the summer months. It is relaxing to listen to them.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are chriping outside right now, its really loud. I was walking around and one fluttered out of the bush, it scared the living day lights out of me. I just hate it when things just pop right in front of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

You guys are lucky to have a diverse insect population. I envy people that live in areas that have insects like fireflies, cicadas, pretty butterflies, and beetles. All I ever see around here are houseflies, earwigs, creepy wasps, and roaches. Sometimes if I'm lucky I'll see some Swallowtails, (saw one a few days ago) they're just beautiful. So even if the insect is a pest consider yourself lucky to have different bugs to look at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] I live in the 'burbs of LA, I see quite a few insects and purty flowers. However if you live in the actual downtown of the city (like most big cities) you have your own treat. You see your share of crawling drunks, chirping tourists, aggressive stinging panhandlers, and slow migrating shoppers.

LATraphole, have you tried going to a local park or different universities? Huntington, Descanso, and the LA Arboretum are close by. You should be able to find some interesting things there.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Bees are very common around here (washington state) but i was wondering hpow you would be able to track it down to its nest? I've tried...and no luck.
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast