Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Algae vs. Fungus

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so have you named your slime, Larry? there are some wonderful names out there you could give to a glob of slime [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

have you tried feeding it any dried oatmeal? they're supposed to ooze with slurpy satisfaction upon a Quaker Oats feeding

ha! like your signature

(Edited by Dionaea Enthusiast at 9:45 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't deserve a name, i hate it! Its shares its pot with my vft, but the vft just ignores the slime. I wonder if this sticky oozy slime is carnivorous! I'm thinking it can trap bugs, but don't know about it digesting them [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greencrunch: Do really think it might be a slime mold? Have you looked at it under a microscope? It should be pretty easy to determine as the two organisms are quite different on a microscopic level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dodec, actually I have not used a microscope on it, my suspisions are based largely on its mobility and apparent life cycle, I am not aware of any terrestrial, mobile forms of alge that form globular bodies at the end of their life cycle, but I have been wrong before so who knows? =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12