Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have two questions

Jeff Hasenflu 623N.Schenley Ave.Youngstown,Oh44509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought some more plants from Lowes- one is nice size square pot with a lid onit and it has three big plants in it. sundew -pitcher of some kind amd flytrap- my question is they are all grwoing together and look healthy but when will i now that they need to have there own pots from lack of space? is space a issue? also i bought another cobra lily since i'm not sure the other one i tryed to save will come back- these one looks pretty healthy - i took the plastic lid off while it was outside and i check on it acouple hrs later and all the plants were very wilted... so i watered it really good and it drank the water but didn't purk up at all. so i put the lid back on the pot- should i leave the lid on acouple days until it comes out of the shock or whatever made it unhappy? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same cube of plants a couple of months ago. Basically, I would wait until they resume growth and get over their shock, before repotting. Then by all means repot! I had 3 plants crammed into a 1inch square. Their roots were all tangled up and it was a nightmare. I would leave the covers on the other plants until they are touching the glass/plastic. I find they help tremendously in plant's growth. Hope this helps. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I did when I got that combo pack. I got home and repotted the plants into sperate pots. I did before there roots would become tangled. And I threw away the cube thing I came in, since it has no drainage holes.

PT2
    What is the Propability of the Propability?
    If someone is addictied to therapy how will you treat them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah all the plants i bought there - cobra in its little pot was full no roots out the bottom. the cube was packed full so thats why i took the lid off. they are all growing right on top of each other so i'm scared to try to repot them and harm them doing so..... i drilled four holes in the bottom of the plastic cube for drainage. but like next year or whenever what kind of sign would they give me if they needed more space? like in the wild are they growing on top of each other and other plants? thanks again

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (SnowyFalcon @ Aug. 02 2003,8:51)
    I had 3 plants crammed into a 1inch square.[/QUOTE]
    HOLY CHRISTMAS CRAB!!! (there I go again with my bizzarre figure of speech! ) And what h*** hole did you find this in?! That's just... wrong. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lowes - but like i said they are all very big and healthy looking

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I can't believe anyone would put anything in a one inch pot... that's just... GAAAAAAAH [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no diff then cacti being in one pot- acouple plants- cacti love to be in small pots- i have some large ones i have had for years......... and are in small pots still

9. Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast