What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cubs

• Thread starter dfalkanger
  • Start date
I was just wondering if anyone here is a Chicago Cubs fan. Well if not, yesterday they had a double header and they won both games to go into the playoffs. It's about time I'd say
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Im not a Cubs fan although I did see the games yesterday.. I am still celebrating the A's and Giants BOTH making the postseason!! Wooohooo gonna be a Bay Bridge series again. I just hope we dont have a repeat of the last time there was a Bay Bridge series. (Oct 17, 1989... that was the big earthquake that hit the San Andreas fault and collapsed the Cypress structure and killed all those people
sad.gif
)

Steve

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! Every once in a while it pays to be a die hard fan. But I remember what happened last time. NOT AGAIN!

We will....try real hard not to blow it in the first three games
biggrin.gif

You know what's sad. I am also a Vikings fan. If they both win the top honors the world will end.
wow.gif
tounge.gif

Sorry, the Braves are going to win it all! The Cubs (or any other team) don't stand a chance!

SF
tounge.gif

Cubs? Don't they have an even worse history than the Bo-sox?
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Yankees, Baby, Yankees! They're gonna do it again!
Whamo!
Don't mess with NY!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SnowyFalcon @ Sep. 30 2003,4:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry, the Braves are going to win it all!  The Cubs (or any other team) don't stand a chance!

SF
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
This is probably true
smile.gif

But it's just cool to see the cubs just make it to the playoffs I've been a fan for so long and they have always sucked. Finally they are doing decent.

They are playing Atlanta tonight, I don't think they have much of a chance. But you never know
wink.gif
I have faith

Excuse me Snowy, but...ah....who won last night?

Oh yeah, IT WAS THE CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to enjoy it for now.  Doom is probably of its way.  I am use to it.
wink.gif

tounge.gif

That's right snowy!
tounge.gif
The cubs prevail
smile.gif
Wooohoooo I can't believe it. What a great game it was.

Go Cubs
smile.gif

Just you wait, it's coming!
wow.gif

I'm (partially) glad the Cubs won that game.  That way the Cub fans won't feel too bad when they are sent packing!

SF  
tounge.gif

Im more surprised at how much of the Atlanta crowd was cheering for the Cubs. Wood pitched a stellar game after a rocky first couple innings. How about Jason Schmidt... pitched a complete game shutout against Florida!! Wahooo GO Giants!! Tonight is gonna be the big matchup of the first round.. Hudson vs. Pedro.. Playoff baseball, and hockey season opens in a week.. does it get ANY better than this?? I just love this time of year
smile.gif

Steve

Spank the Braves! SPANK THE BRAVES
tounge.gif
wow.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Tied up 1-1! Who will win the next three games?

SF
tounge.gif

Well its elimination day for the Giants
sad.gif
After throwing away game 3 last night they have really backed themselves into a corner. Gonna be a battle of the rookie pitchers today, Jerome Williams takes the hill against Dontrelle Willis. Now if they would only pitch to Bonds
sad.gif
*sigh* its sad that the greatest player in the game today is basicaly unused because the chickens*** wont throw anything even close to the strike zone
mad.gif
 A little later the A's have a chance to knock out the Sox at Fenway, should be a good game with Lilly going against Lowe. A's are leading series 2-0
biggrin.gif
And how about those Cubs??  WOW.  2-1 lead against the Braves with game 4 today at Wrigley. Prior pitched an outstanding game yesterday going the distance and only giving up 1... Well its game time so I am gonna go glue myself to the couch for a while and scream at the tv  lol.

GOOO GIANTS!!!!
GOOO A'S !!!!!

Steve

Well, well, well whaddya know, the Cubs beat the Braves!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I can't believe it
smile.gif
I thought they had a slight chance at beating the Braves, but deep down inside I was almost certain that they wouldn't win the series.

Wooohoooo I'm so excited
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I can't believe it!

I knew it all along. I was only kidding about the doom thing
rolleyes.gif

....okay..I thought they would probably choke and break my poor widdle hart again. But NO!! ME boys come through. HEhehehehehe. Now only if the Vikings get the idea. Hey maybe, just maybe both teams won't choke before the end.

But I warn you. The prophecy says, "when the small bears from the windy city take the flag and the purple horned ones take the powerful large broth cup, then the end of the world is upon us."

Ouch....Ouch... Ouch! I'll go around with my tail between my legs for weeks! ***Big sigh*** Oh well, there's always next year!

The Braves are still the best...
tounge.gif

SF

The Cubs WON?!

IT'S THE ARMAGGEDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Blatant puncrime, I know, but I couldn't resist
smile.gif

Baseball - Yuck!
tounge.gif
Football is a lot better.
wink.gif
Go Florida Marlins, I have to pick someone. I will watch the sports highlights that is about it for baseball.

Travis
alien.gif

You can all just keep talking as the Yankees beat everyone. Again.
tounge.gif

Back