What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungi

Ooh! I can't keep up either. I have two kids to chase around and hardly have the time or quiet to read all of this. So for now I'm just going to comment on one thing darcie said a few posts back. Over-use of antibiotics...I agree!
There's a reason why our medical scientists are starting to fear backlash of sorts with "super bugs" and all those sorts of things. Flue shots, treat what's not there and contribute to the development of a super strain that you'll most likely die from. Smart, real smart! Antibiotics do have their place, but in my himble opinion they are TOO WIDELY DEPENDED ON by humanity now-a-days.

And that's my 2 cents!
wink.gif

Nice changeup cn
biggrin.gif

I try to never take antibiotics.
wink.gif

Dyflam...

pass me a few beers
confused.gif

The yeast in beer is my symbionic relationship

goldslinger... very good!!! i like it!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

andrew
mmmm beeeerrrr <in my best homer voice>

RULE FOR SUCCESSFUL VFT'S

'KISS'

which means; 'Keep it simple, stupid.'

smile.gif

The art of teaching others is 10 percent of what you know, and 90 percent talent on how to relay this information in a simple, proper manner understandable by the student. That's the real genius.

The complexity of the question should have an opposite and EQUAL answer.

People can catch on real fast if you have a genuine desire to help, or if you are just showing off your know how or what you think you know. For the few that don't catch on to this will only think they are too 'dumb' to grow this plant, or it's too much trouble. That works totally against what we are trying to accomplish here; the 'propogation' of knowledge and encouragement especially for the new people for the hopes of preservation of these extraordinary plants.

I'm not a chemist, or a biologist. I'm a jeweler for Pete's sake.
EXOTIC GARDENS relies on more or less, that people are successful and want to reorder again, and again.
THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE FROM THEM TO US; AND I TREASURE IT AS A GIFT.
My 2 cents worth
smile.gif

Hey! Seems we got a few enjoying beers in here! YUCK...but I'll take a paralyzer.
confused.gif

Anyone, anyone? Can't rely on my pain meds, too scary!
wink.gif

Ooooooh... Call me girly, but I like a good 'ol fashioned Pina Colada...
confused.gif
Beer tastes a little bit like Urine... Sorry all you beer heads! Hahaha...

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Urine....I couldn't have said it better myself!
wink.gif

Gotta be a highball for me if at all. Nightly wind-down drink (when I happen to have irish cream) is irish cream and coffee. Back in the "days" It was vodka paralyzers and vodka 7 and lime.
smile.gif

Well, this topic IS about fungi after all, right?
wink.gif

I'm not much for beer, but I will gladly help you polish off a pitcher of margaritas.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

uh, a little scarred to ask... how do you know what urine tastes like??
i am not all into beer... more so mix drinks.. like rum + coke...
andrew

Of course I'd like to know that too! From my side of things, I'd like to tell you a little childhood story.....
wow.gif

How do I know what urine tastes like? Well, THATS a no brainer!!! Can't you guess???

uh, sitting arround a table of friends... doing something.. then you ask "What does urine tast like?" everyone looks at you kinda funny... then you ask "Any one gotta go? I REALLY need to know!!" best friend decides to go for you... ...and the rest is history.
am i close?
tounge.gif

andrew

Back