What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sri lanka !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

seems that I will get a job in Sri lanka (next to the Indian sea :) ) from march till July 2003.

So I would highly appreciate some tipps about the country, native carnivorous plants and so on...
If there are any cp growers I would be very interested to watch their collections. Should be very differnt groeing methods compared to the cold Germany.

Martin

WOW! I know where your going to be spending your days when not working!

Borneo Exotics (Pvt) Ltd.:
Rob Cantley
262 B/5 Millagahawatta
Hokandara Road
Thalawathugoda
Sri Lanka

I think you got a roomy coming your way Rob LOL
Tony

PS.. any room in your luggage for a stowaway Martin?

Martin,
just to be noisey what kind of job did you get

ok, "job" is propably a bit to much...

It's the second practical semester(?) which I have to do during my study. I'm studiing environmental engeniering and I will do some work at trying some substitudes for peat (for comercial gardening and houseplants, especially interesting for cps, where you need lots of peat)
I also want to work on a project for ecological tourism and want to plan, make and try an intersting path / tour where tourists can get some information about Sri Lanka's flora and fauna and ecological resources.

I don't know excatly what I will have to do and it still is not 100% sure if I get the job but it looks quite good at the moment.

Martin

Congrats Martin! Hope you like hot steamy climates!!!
wow.gif

hehe

N distillatoria is native to Sri Lanka, but that's basically all that I know.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun there.
wink.gif

Hi
Just moving this to the Foreign CP Resource Forum.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back