Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reccomendations for poison?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had very good results with Orthene 75SP on thrips and aphids. I don't know if it is recommended for caterpillar-type pests or not, but you could probably look it up. I've read the MSDS and it doesn't look too terribly bad for humans. It's also somewhat systemic, so you get a lot of mileage out of an application.

I used it on all of my utrics and it didn't leave a mark on any of them. I have killed plants within days using a liquid diazinon.

The main problem was that it was only available in the soluble powder form from a nursery supplier and I has to buy 2kg when all I needed was a few grams.

Anyway, good luck with those pests. I know the heartbreak of infestation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All:

Have investigated the issue with "Confidor", apparently it is an international brand, if not available in USA, then may be the FDA have not register it for its use in US. However, I do not know whether it is registered or not. The best bet is by contacting the company who makes them.

Company name: Bayer
    Brand of insecticide : Confidor (active ingredients is imidacloprid)

So, it should available worldwide as it is most popular amount the farmers in this country. (multipurpose)

hope this help

regard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orthene is listed as working for caterpillars. I've had great success with in on my CPs, rose bushes, and trees. It worked great on a tent catepillar infestation I had, as well as ant mounds. Good luck with your uninvited guests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I sprayed the passiflora down with Ortho Bug B Gone, the guy at lowes reccomended Malithion... but well... for all my bluster that stuff does scare me. I also have to consider that there are other people around, anything I spray can effect pets and stuff around me, so I liberally but accurately deployed the bug-b-gone to the passiflora, getting it on ever leaf I could, and I found about six more caterpillars and gave them a nice good direct drenching... they did not enjoy it, so hopefully, tomorrow, I will go out and find their shriveled bodies on my deck.

Sad, but this would make me very happy.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12