Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Martin is right about the pro abilities he speaks of, but alot of people probably wouldnt care or even understand how to use them. The sight he mentions www.dpreview.com is without a doubt the best for someone looking to find the right camera. My only problem was that if the camera was to big, I wouldnt take it with me. This is why I chose the Sony DSC-P1 it isnt the best by any means but the shots are pretty good and better than the equivelant 35mm. Point being what kind of photography are you looking for? a camera that isnt being used isnt worth buying. Think about how and what you will be doing with this camera, you wouldnt buy an RV to go to work every day just so you had more options would you? Or a corvette to go on a family trip.....

Dave G.
    Life is to short not to try everything at least once!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Martin @ Nov. 17 2002,09:48)
    Macro mode : The minimum distance says nothing !!! Some cameras use it in wideangle, others in tele. The only thing you can compare is the minimum objekt size. It is much better if the camara shoots this with more(&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] distance beacuse of distortion and shadow issuses.[/QUOTE]
    Huh... If you have identical cameras and one will focus at 1 meter and the other will focus at 1 mm then I would think the one that would focus at 1 mm would be the better camera for macro photography. Am I missing something?
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    macro :

hey, 1mm vs 1000mm (=1m) is not the best excample ;-)

btw, a lens which would focus at 1mm distance will produce extreme distortion. And you will alway shadow your subject.

A lens which has a mcro mode at 2" with a 120mm (35mm film equivalent) is much better than a lens with macro mode at 1" at a wide angle setting, lets say 30mm.

it is much better to compare minimum object size (this is how macro works in analog photography, by saying 1:2 or 1:1 the size of the film 24mm x 36mm) than minimum working distance.

hmmm, have you checked out Minolta f100, which is a very nice and very small 4 MP camera. Only drawbacks, the lens is slow and the monitor consumes a lots of power.
    Minimum macro size is something smaller than 50mm x 40mm (at a long distance, bacause it is in tele setting, so you can even use the built in flash in macro mode !!!). I don't know it exactly at the moment.

Martin

4. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12