What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California carnivores

G

Here are a few photo's from Infinitylimit and I's California Carnivore's road trip. The web page with all the pics will be up in a few days..
D. adelae
adelae.jpg

Cephalotus
ceph.jpg

D. regia
regia.jpg

A few VFT's
vft.jpg

S. 'Evendine'
evendine.jpg

N. hamata
hamata.jpg

N. bicalcurata
bical.jpg

Woaah! Stunning colors! How did they get so red?

SF

That pot of vfts is sweet.
wow.gif
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Travis

Cool, you put more on! What's growing in the Sarracenia 'Evendine' pot? Surely that's not Spaghnum moss!

SF

Yes, SF .. that's sphagnum
smile.gif

WOW those are great pictures!!! I hope i get to see a real cp nursery sometime! I bet it was hard not buy one of everything!!

-buckeye

Ah yes, trips to California Carnivores are dangerous. It's about an hour and a quarter drive for me, which is just in reasonable range. It's the only CP nursery that I know of around here that you can visit and buy from. As a Nepenthaholic, I just try to stay away from there.

Capslock

Wow those are some beautiful CP's.  Are all of those plants you have pics of there for sale?  Are they expensive?  One last question.  How big is the N. bicalcarata?  It looks big.  
alien.gif
  I have been by California carnivores before, but I went by it at like 2 in the morning so I wasn't able to go there, I was so bummed
confused.gif

California Carnivores' showroom is split between "for sale" plants and their personal collection. Those photos seem to be from the personal collection. There are TONS of plants for sale, however, including lots of exotic and rare ones.

Their prices are on the high side. They seem higher than Exotic Gardens. But the selection is huge, the plants are vigorous and healthy, and if you're in the area, it's well worth a visit. Just bring your wallet!

Capslock

Capslock is correct, most of those pics are of their personal collection. However, here are a few pics from their "for sale" tables
smile.gif
And yes, bring your wallet, the prices aren't cheap
wink.gif

pingsale.jpg

regiasale.jpg

VFTsale.jpg

sale.jpg

That big pot of VFTs is simply amazing! It makes me jealous.
sad.gif

I visited this past summer. It sure is a great place. So many CPs in one spot!

Hopefully you had a chance to meet Peter, he's a great guy.

He is too, He's real cool. His plants are gorgeous and the moss is awesome...but prices run really high which is why I just wait for the BACPS shows

wow , and all this time i doubted california carnivores because of the high prices and some small erors in there book . i have seen picture of some plants from his nursery in his book but i wonder why he never took the time to out pics liek that in . those plant in peter personal collection must have been pumped with al sorts of fertilizers and bug stuff with good stuff because i never seen plants so extremely amazing , i've neevr seen a d. adelae all red like that , the cephs look liek ther ein there natural habitat , where is that d. redgia growin in i see not pot under it , the vft's are so cool , miens don't look like that but i wish they did , and if thast sphagnum on the s. evedine then i otta by me some from there .is that snake real , the one in the n. bicalcarata pic ? those plants are so red and beautful .

Dang that pot of vfts is gorgeous!

Ok, if anyone wants to see the rest of the California Carnivore's pics, along with shots of Darlingtonia in the wild, click on This

Wow, California Carnivores seems to be The Spot, kinda makes me wonder why I'm wasting my life in the south
smile.gif
. I'm going to the bay area ASAP. Where is the forest/marsh in your pics, is it in the same general area?

All I can say is...WOW. Those plants are gorgeous! I wish I were close enough for a visit.

Thanks for sharing the pics so I can drool over them. They are spectacular.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Wow, Lucky you Purple sundew! Let me see, I went there last summer, and I think I posted pics here. The plants were great! They had some huge Sarracenia too. They are pretty expensive, but I saved up to get about ten of the non the less. I really want one of those D. filiformis now
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
, along with the regia. And, the next time you go down there, take me with you
biggrin.gif
seeing as how we both live in AK
wink.gif

I hate to do this on a pft discussion forum, but those plants are amazing!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back