What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lacps meeting this sat.

Hi everyone,

The next LACPS meeting is this Sat. Feb. 15. For meeting info. etc. check out LACPS Webpage
Leo Song will be generously donating some cuttings of nepenthes from his collection at CSUF.

What is everyone planning on bringing?

I am planning on bringing a flowering P.agnata and gracilis, some plants to trade, and Roottone(spelling). I will probably bring a pot of ehlersai var. albiflora, ehlersai cv. Harold, ehlersai and sp.Huautla. Right now, most of my pings are dormant or going dormant and only a few are producing flowers.

Also, I have seen posts/emails that the cover charge for this meeting is $3, but the website says $5...but this is not a big deal:)

now your making me sad that I don't have any members, yet

confused.gif

Given some time there are sure to be other growers in the area who will join your club.

Holy smokes, what an incredible meeting it was! Noah, you missed out!!!

I will have pictures from the meeting on my website soon.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what happened to the rest of the cuttings...Maybe the last person there got them all
wow.gif

I'm still waiting for Leo to send Thomas the nepenthes list so I can find out what all I got!

I hope I did not pick too many lowland plants.
The ventricosa x lowii was especially nice, but those were gone before I got there.

What I am surprised about is that many of them were raised outdoors in very low humidity.

Michael,
I wanted that Ventricosa x Lowii too, but who knows, when we finally do get the list, we may find that we have something even better than that!
smile.gif

The only neps Leo has growing outdoors is Khasiana. He's got several growing in a cooler, lower humidity greenhouse, but I don't think we got cuttings from those plants. The majority came from the super hot and humid greenhouse. I was there the day after they cut all the stems. Kinda a sad site, it looks so empty in there now. Half the plant material is now gone.

Yeah, it's a bummer I couldn't make it. THe pictures look nice... what a lot of plants and cuttings!!! If you have extras, let me know
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

there's always next meeting. Thanks for sharing the pics though!

-noah

Back