Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CO2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out why my yeast co2 maker ran out of co2 . The more yeast you add the more co2 you will get in a shorter time. If I wanted to make the co2 maker last longer I would need to use less yeast but the tank would have less co2 in it then it dose now.

By the way WOW THERE growing really FAST . This co2 stuff really works [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

_-West-_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an interesting idea for those of us with small terrariums. Use a small freezer and set the temp to 1 degree above the freezing point of dry ice. Run a small hose from the freezer to the terrarium. This should allow for a small steady flow, and won't have to be refilled very often.

Well, comments??

joe
    Signature.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joseph, The first snag your going to hit is finding a freezer that will cool down to a temperature of -109.3F (-78.5C). That's the surface temperature of dry ice. Here's more info on dry ice: How stuff works
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West871,

What's your setup for CO2... (i.e. yeast to sugar ratio and dispersion method)? Just interested... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I am now useing more sugar then before I find it works better.

So 1 and a half cups of sugar In a 2L pop jug

With about 5 cups of cool to warm water .( Dont use HOT water it will kill the yeast)

And 1 tbsp of yeast .

After you put it all into the 2L pop jug shake it .

The mix Dose allot better if you keep it warm(Not hot) so I have it sitting on top of my shop lights .

The whole thing is working great the sundews are really growing fast.The bubbling is now more then ever in my 7 oz pond now that I keep it warm.

_-West-_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I was just looking at the gallery at this site and they use CO2 to grow there CPs as well .

Any one who has not seen the Gallery should check it out there some kool looking pictures there .They have a picture of a HUGH GREEN house with cps as far as the eye can see.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    west, ********** no longer injects with CO2, infact, they sold the reactor on the forums a few months ago...

But I inject it in my terrarium, I am currently out... I have a 20 lbs bottle with an aquarium quality regulator on it...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really ...They never up dated the pictures then. Did they say why they sold it ? ? ?

_-West-_

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast