What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultrasonic Humidifier supposed to be like this?

Hey Everyone,

Just got an ultrasonic humidifier. It's 1.5" under the water (as recommended) and is making a terrible mess with jets of water. The water is splashing 1-4" above the water, 2" in any given direction. Is this this normal? It always seemed that fog just bubbled up when I've seen these before.

Luckily I also ordered a switch. On low power, it's splashing about 2" up, but still a mess. Please let me know if you have similar or dissimilar experiences, I've got 30 days to return it but would rather do so asap. Thanks in advance!

I know what you mean. Where did you get it from? Usually you can buy a splash guard,diflector.

I got it from http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

Maybe I'll be constructing a splash guard...but this is a normal thing? If so I'll keep the fogger/humidifier.
wink.gif

All the ones I have that sit in pools of water do this, I assume it is normal and in the information about the fogger it states that it will in fact splash water around. I just put mine in wide shallow pans higher than the plants, the water splashes back into the pan and mist rolls down over the plants.

Cheers

Well, I'm gonna stick this in a 15 gallon terrarium, so I think I'll either have make it into a bona-fide pretty mini-pond, or hide it. Thanks all! I'll start putting it all together right away and see how it turns out!
biggrin.gif

Back