User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for replacement terrariums..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all.. I finished my move to the states a while ago, and both of my terrariums were *broken* in shipment from Japan (and not insured [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] )... I'm trying to find something to replace them. If anyone has some, or knows where to get them please let me know. I'm looking for 90cm long ones because I already have lights of that length. I have looked around where I live, second hand shops, and places like that but they don't have anything suitable. If anyone has any tips, or something they want to sell on the cheap even, please let me know..

Thanks

Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trashcan, what part of the u.s. did u move too
    George McKay

In The End We are All Dead
    Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved from Okinawa, Japan to Puyallup, Washington (sorta near Seattle). Pretty silly name, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow,kool life living on the rock, never got to go there when i was in the military but, i have heard some stories.

don't know any places right off had but, i do remember a couple of the members living in that neck of the wood from here.

hopfully some members will post that live in that state to help u out with finding a new tank.

what kind of plants u looking for?
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tons of lowland plants, and still have some highland plants, so I'm not really looking for any more plants, just a way to take care of them. The lowland plants are probably coming back sometime in January, so I need to get organized before then. Worst comes to worst, I can try and buy them at PetSmart.. The kind I am looking at run about $80 each though unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought one from pet smart a while ago to hold some fish in it was a 76cm tank and i got it for around 35-40 dollars. catch them on sale they can be some what affordable even this time a yr. prices should be going down with the holidays. well at least a little bit. hope ya find what ya are looking for.
    George McKay

Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to try scouring you neighborhood. I found a 75 gallon tank on the street that someone was throwing out! I think free is the best deal you can find. Also, If you are pressed for time, and your plants aren't too big, you can make terrariums out of clear plastic jugs. I just used an Utz pretzel jug for one myself. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh. Sounds cool. What about lighting? Windowsill? Or a mini light?
    Just curious. Great idea, btw.

Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast