What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring pics from digital camera

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
i have a digital camera and i want to put some pics here... i already have the pics on the computer what do i do next?

You will need to get some webspace to store you images.

Pet Flytrap does offer some free webspace for this purpose. To to http://home.petflytrap.com/ and look for the big E that says Web Home Community. Click on the create new account link and enter the appropriate information.

Next, if not already there, you many want to create a new directory called "images". Once created, click on the "images" link and then the "Upload File(s)" button. You will get a page that allows you to browes your hard drive for the images. Once you find your image, click add them to the list and then click upload. You can only add one image per line. But you get 5 lines to add images.

Hint: It is best to use jpg or gif images. Other image file formats are not always viewable by multiple platforms and some other formats take up more space that needed. So, if your images are bmp ( bit maps ), you will need to convert those to jpg or gif images. This is normally done with the "save as" command or the "convert" commands in your image editing program. Most digital cameras save images as jpg as a default.

Once you images are uploaded, you will need to find the url of your image.

For example, I have an image called "DroseraIntermedia.jpg" that is in my pft webspace. The file is stored in my "images' directory. The url of the image is "http://home.petflytrap.com/nickhubbell/images/DroseraIntermedia.jpg"

To get this image to appear on the forums, use the "Image" button at the top of your message edit box. This is one of the iB Code Buttons. Click on the "Image" button brings up a pop-up window that allows you to enter the url of the image. In this box you would need to type "http://home.petflytrap.com/nickhubbell/images/DroseraIntermedia.jpg" for the sameple image above. Once done, you will get something like this:

DroseraIntermedia.jpg

I hope this helps. I may have left something out but I believe this will get you started. Feel free to make corrections.

oh i see thx

I`ve tried that but it never works for me hmmmmmmm........................
confused.gif

HINT: The easiest way to get the URL for your image after you upload is to open it. Just clik on it from the list, it will open in a new window. Then you can copy the URL from the address line and then paste it into your post. Saves the trouble of remembering all of the pathways and possibly messing up with typos.

Steve

The copy and paste method is most useful on long URLs.  When I have trouble with displaying images, it is usually a typo in the URL, so the COPY and PASTE method minimizes this for me.

alien.gif

Back