What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading

ok....whats the definition of "trading" plants, is it like ill send you my Flava for your Leuc? Or, hey ill send you a purpurea! What does it mean??!!??!!??
wink.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif
Kevin

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forums! Trading is pretty much what you said. There is a forum specifically for making trades. Its not for selling plants or seeds. Usually someone states what they have available for trade and then they list plants they'd LIKE to acquire. The trades are worked out between individual members. Often what is traded are seeds. Sometimes people offer seeds or plants for free, just to "spread the love" so to speak.
smile.gif

The only thing that is required is that people be respectful and not demand free plants and to use some manners like "please" and "thank you". There are lots of generous CP growers here who will help out when they can. And its nice that you offer plants or seeds back whenever you can. When you are new to CPs it takes a while before you can do that.

You can also trade non-CP plants or seeds.

Hope that answered your question.
smile.gif

Suzanne

What I would suggest is go to the trading room and read the 2 notices pinned up at the top of the forum, and then maybe go thru a few posts to get the gist of what is going on.

Once you see something you are interested in simply message the person and negotiate with him/her.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask I'm more than happy to help you or anyone else out. If you have something to trade post.

Just remember though like Suzanne said, always be polite there, it deffinately pays off.
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 11 2002,9:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forums!  Trading is pretty much what you said.  There is a forum specifically for making trades. Its not for selling plants or seeds.  Usually someone states what they have available for trade and then they list plants they'd LIKE to acquire.  The trades are worked out between individual members.  Often what is traded are seeds.  Sometimes people offer seeds or plants for free, just to "spread the love" so to speak.  
smile.gif

You can also trade non-CP plants or seeds.

Hope that answered your question.  
smile.gif

Suzanne[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
freindly correction:

sarraluver has been on the forums since Aug.

smile.gif

spect.  calm down man...   we can all be welcomed at the forums at anytime.   Suzanne once welcomed me to the forums when i was here for like 1 year 2 months..  i gave her some crap about it but it was never in need of a correction.   infact.  at this point i want to welcome you to the forums spectabilis73.   better yet.  HEY EVERYONE WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!   hehe  
smile.gif
  have a nice day.
andrew

thanks! I never did get a "welcome to the forums!"
I'll always remember you
smile.gif

ok, well thanks, alot of times ive gotten confused....but now its set straight, thanks again, and welcome to the forums!!!!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
Kevin

Back