What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need some help with my venus flytrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, It's like this. I try to find some flys for my Venus Flytrap to eat, but I can't seem to find any. I have resorted to feeding it some dead flies that i bought at a pet store. I put one fly in a trap and than i take a small tooth pick and gently brush a trigger hair twice. But in 24 hours the venus flytrap is open again and it didn't eat the dead fly. Do you guys have any tips for me on how I can find some flies or even how i can attract them more to my venus flytrap?? I also wanted to know if it is healthy for my venus flytrap to eat some nutriet enriched labrotory flies from a little container I bought at the store. They are meant for Small lizards but I read on a website that it is ok to feed them to Venus Flytraps. Please Help!!
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you Aim for nothing, You're sure to hit it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
flytrap.gif

ooh...don't feed your venus fly trap dead flies. After triggering the trigger hair, the fly will move inside of the venus fly trap telling the fly it caught a "live" insect, instead of other things that can trigger the hairs, such as a raindrop. And those flies you buy at pet stores are I think flightless fruitflies, they are very small, and I'll just think it might be easier if you let your venus fly trap catch its own prey. You can try small pinhead crickets they seem to work, but don't buy the crickets in those buckets. They are way too many of them for your venus fly trap, unless you have around 50 fly traps. =D

HtH

I'm moving this to the vft forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back