Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Spamming at gardenweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally, this place is run with respect...
    [/QUOTE]
    And it was this respect that caused us to halt the attack.
    When it was felt that all exsisting members of GW were getting out of hand with the posts on that site, Phil and Jeff asked us to stop. They ASKED us to stop when we could easily have drained every last member from that site. We listened and without questioning their reasons we halted that very second. Does spike have that much admiration from his members?......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,

Regarding your comments on my post to Gardenworld you said,

"I saw that post. It looked like very much like a spam message. It was very suspicious looking, and I commented on that fact at the time. It was very long and verbose, and phrased like the typical spam message. "

Exactly what made it "suspicious"? - An appeal on a public forum to motivate generosity between growers of CP is somehow suspicious?

"and phrased like a typical spam message"

What on Earth is a typical spam message? I made no mention of any other forum, or commercial entities, and followed GW's rules to the letter. This was a personal response of vindictiveness to a legitimate on-topic post, and a judgement against free speech. In the past my offer of free seeds was not questioned - what changed?

By the way Ron, did you pick up any of those packets of seed of Drosera burmanii distributed at the last LACPS meeting? If so you will realize that I practise what I preach regarding generosity since those donations came from me. If others followed my lead it would be better for the growers and the plants all round, this was what I tried to say. This is a highly evolved concept well suited to the folk here at PFT, and I am so sorry you missed the point. I don't often polish my apples, but your comments offend me. Suspicious indeed!

Despite your "suspicions" I really am a nice guy that only wants to do my bit for CP's and CPer's. I find your "suspicions" both sad and somewhat amusing.

Happily the same post here was warmly received.

"If you had just used a few simple sentences, and hadn't made is to long and spam-like, I think it would have been OK. "

I do not care if you approved or not of the length or content of what I said: I believe that if there is a public forum, I have the right to speak as I will. The content was on topic, and I followed the rules. What you "think" is up to you, but your opinions don't necessairily reflect those of the majority.

I am glad of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tamlin im suspicous of you too

nobody is that generous!!!

free seed for everyone?

i think its just step one in your 12 step plan of world domination!!!

lol
    seriously, thanks for the seeds! youve given freely to prob just about everyone here and we all appreciate it~!

lets forget about GW, really not worth the time or forum space here...

we all have so many other interesting things to say, so lets bury it and move on.

ron, stick around, we can agree to disagree butif yougive PFT a chance, youll love it here

You know. I am very much over this. period.

This has done nothing more than stir up the feelings that we all do not want to address any longer.

Eklaab, if you wish do continue a conversation and:

1) Not address an issue of importance that some really want to know. Only wanting to dwell on the things of little importance.

2) Only addressing things that you know will offend and upset these great people/users.

I suggest you do this in a mirror or with GW, because you are not going to get nice responses and you are doing nothing more now than insulting those that want to do something great for this CP World.

I just can't help but wonder:

Why it is that no issue that is brought up can be addressed by yourself or Spike or the GW staff.

The definition of spamming. And how it is perceived that if someone not related to PFT uses those words it is grounds for banning. And they are called spammers.

And if I remember correctly what all was going on at GW that day....people were not putting the words together, spelling them backwards, and using redirecting tools so those words did not actually appear on the site.

So therefore, I would think that it is possible for someone ( many someone's ) to go onto GW and do what they did. ( With 'filters' in place )

As a matter of fact, I am willing to wager that I can go on there now and post **********.com

Would I? NO. I am way over that ( just like this discussion about it ).

I ask that you either:

1) address the issues that are being brought up and are being avoided.

OR

2) drop it and stop with the insulting of these people.

If you wish to take this matter up with me in private

jaie@**********.com

I would be more than happy to have an open and civil discussion via email and not on this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that this topic is getting about at its end and has long ago moved in to the pointless realm.

Against me better judgment I will add something to it though.

I would just like to point out that despite the things you have said and the apperance of a pro-GW almost anti-PFT stand the members here have been able to drop thier biases and welcome you (Chris, myself, Ram, Statik.) No one here has blatantly dismissed you and you have not been banned. I think that says something about our members and our attitude. We care about ther plants and about helping each other. Pretty much everything else just kind of falls by the way-side

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone pass me a beer, would ya?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snoooooooze........yawn..........I'm so very tired of this discussion about the other site. To all the great members of PFT I say:
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!! Here we have the best membership in not just the CP world but the whole world [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] We should all stand proud of our open mindedness and freedom of speech for all.
    Hooray for us!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >>I saw that post. It looked like very much like a spam message. It was very suspicious looking, and I commented on that fact at the time. It was very long and verbose, and phrased like the typical spam message. "

>Exactly what made it "suspicious"?

It was much longer than it needed to be. I have nothing against the giving out free seeds, not at all. The way it was presented gave the impression of being a spam message. I received hundreds of spam emails, and after starting to read what you posted, I could not get rid of the feeling that was was not aspam message. That is what made it suspicious. Then when I inquired on the discussion group what seeds you had, you did not want to disclose that on the group, which only added further to the suspicions.

Five and six other people had also posted messages echoing these same thoughts, so it just wasn't me.

>>"If you had just used a few simple sentences, and hadn't made is to long and spam-like, I think it would have been OK. "

>I do not care if you approved or not of the length or content of what I said

I didn't say I disapproved of what you said, I merely said it was suspicious, and I even gave you advice on how to make it less spam-like. The discussion was never completed on GardenWeb.

Ron

9. Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast