Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Spamming at gardenweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discussion was never completed on GardenWeb.

I guess that's what happens when someone is banned. They don't come back. They go somewhere more friendly.

Patrick

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok eklaab you stated your complaint we heard it out and gave you our explanations and feelings on the matter.
    What more do you want?
    Are you just here to complain about things that are obviously over your head, only because you refuse to listen? I think we've been pretty clear on the matter.
    We got angry.....We did the spamming.... We saw that it was getting out of hand...We stopped.
    End of story.
    What is it that you are NOT getting? I think it is pretty clear what happened and why it happened. If not read the posts as far as the rest of us are concerned we decided to drop it a while ago and have better things to do than worry about petty things in our past.
    Maybe you should pick up another hobby aside from growing plants I don't think it's keeping you busy enough.
    and by the way.....Get Over It!!! Its HISTORY!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >Ok eklaab you stated your complaint

Complaint? I haven't stated any complaints. I've just joined in this discussion which was already in progress. I'm assuming you can rebutt or support any of the arguments here. This is a discussion group after all, isn't it? If you want to not participate any further because you are unable to refute some of the excellent points made here, that is fine, too.

Ron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I never knew all this about a garden website! 8-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we had talk too much on garden web spamming
    better go on CP topics sure that would most of us more happy.
    my main way is live and let live so let GW live as long as they have some users there at the end you would see all of them over here.
    arie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,

I think the point of contention here for people is that you dont SEEM to be acknowladging the facts that have been given to you.

I personally have begun to look at this whole thread as a blight here, a dark smear on an otherwise pristine forum. To my knowledge, this is perhaps the most absolutely negative discussion that has ever happened here, it's a very emotionally charged topic, and not something everyone cares to read. (and I have no problem admitting that I have been a part of this)

But basically, this is a happy, respectful place. I don't think we should lock this thread because I think it serves a useful purpose, and knowing you Ron, I know that you wont result to flaming, and knowing our membership, I know it won't come to that either. But I would like to take a moment to remind everyone of one of the cardinal rules here.

BE NICE

(I hope everyone realizes that I am not trying to be mean or start a fight here, this is quite simply a frank discussion)

That being said:

Ron, people have been kind enough to answer your questions with their views on the matter, but I have seen very little reciprocation from you. This is not in your nature as I have witnessed, I have seen you answer even the simplest most annoying questions about various plants with calm and candor before.

Why not answer our views here?

We have noticed that you tend to ignore (for the most part) the larger pertinant points of the discussion, such as spikes immature behavior, and focus on smaller issues, such as Tamlins post being 'suspicious'. Strange, I never remember anyone thinking my novellas at GW were suspicious, and SPAM to give away seed seems like one of the most unlikely schemes in history...

regardless, It is a trend on gardenweb not only to ban people using those dangerous ********** words, but anyone who wants to practice a basic tennant of humanity, helping another. in that sense, gardenweb seems to be run by people out of touch with humanity. (That is a side point however)

My point, fish or cut bait. If your trolling to keep for a fight, then I am very dissapointed, and you are not the person I held in high esteem when I first joined the online cp community. (I hope I am wrong)

ALso, if you are afraid that if you respond in the positive about spike being chump, I understand, he would probably ban you for writing anything agreeable here. so feel free to contact me in private.

EDIT NOTES: After re-reading I changed a few words that made this post seem less combative. I don't want people to think anyone here is trying to pick a fight. If my post seems blunt, it probably is, but please do not infer rudeness, trolling, or anything else.

(Edited by RamPuppy at 5:58 pm on April 18, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sooo uh...

anyone read any good books lately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm. This thread seems to be turning very un-********** like, with a few harsh words flying about.
    Maybe we should call it a day eh? Do either Phil or Jaie fancy locking this topic?
    Just a thought.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast