Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spamming at gardenweb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**************** NOTE FROM MODERATOR***************

This thread concerns personal views of members of this form, concerning **********.com in relation to gardenweb, and has become emotionally charged. This is a SERIOUS discussion, that doesn't hold to a lot of the light heartedness that we are all familiar with.

Please keep in mind that what your read may not be what was written, sometimes blunt questions come across as mean spirited, I assure you that every person writing in this topic is a very good, and responsible person. Moderators are keeping a very close eye on what happens here, and it will NOT be allowed to turn into a flame war.

As of today, the topic is not locked, I personally don't feel that it should be as it serves as an 'airing of views'.

Remember, Blunt doesn't mean rude. This is a serious adult conversation, and pretty much has nothing to do with plants, so if it's not your cup of tea, then read else where.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

- Ram_Puppy

Did people know that you cannot mention ********** at the gardenWeb forum? I tried commenting on a post at gardenweb referring to ********** and they wouldn't let me use the word ********** because apparently somebody has been spamming their site with adverts !

(Edited by RamPuppy at 5:26 pm on April 18, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOE,

That isn't quite accurate. As Spike (the webmaster at GW) defines it, if you so much as mention any site that he has black listed then you are a SPAMMER and commiting an act of terrorism against his site. That you mentioned PFT might well get you booted too.

You might think I am exagerating but this is the reason I was booted from there. I mentioned PFT in an email routed through GW. After I got booted I asked Spike why and that was what he told me. I'd give you the word for word account but there are kids on this site and the language he used is not kid friendly. I can say that I though his definition of a spammer was a bit biased he told me I was as bad as the 9/11 terrorists and that of course I wouldn't see myself as a terrorist the same way they did not.

All in all there is a lot of bad blood between GW and here and I know it might sound opinionated but I think it is all Spike acting like a bratty child.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need GW anymore. Just stay here and at the new UK forum: http://www.carnivorousplantsuk.co.uk...st/cutecast.pl
    A lot of PFT people visit this forum now.
    I seriously think about 1/4 of all people who join GW get banned eventually. It's a pointless site.

(Edited by Alvin Meister at 3:41 pm on April 10, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you could stay at GW if you continually kiss butt. There are people who enjoy that type of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gardenweb must have upped the anti after our little >AHEM< crusade! Anyways, its much better here. Eventually everyone see's the light! Its so much more friendly! I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. Everybody here are more than just members, were all friends. Its just too bad that most of you live a whole continent away 'cuz You would all be invited round to my house for a coffee!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... or a beer? :biggrin:

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richard UK...I had to laugh at your comment. :-) That was so sweet...and true. Its kinda like everyone one is a friendly neighbor who just happens not to live near you. lol But the diversity in location gives great insight into other people's climate, plants, foods and interests.

Spike is just jealous because he has no friends. :biggrin:

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richard UK,
    If you were closer we could all get together and have a cuppa
    or a spot of tea. Tea or coffee would be good but the company would be great. I foresee in the future a **********/Exotic Gardens annual party somewhere...maybe a garden party...wouldn't that be something special??!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast