Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: contest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,

I don't want this to turn into another gardenweb debate thread. Suffice it to say, if we were to re-pick those two plants we would give some one who doesn't like this place even more reason to point over here and go 'see? no different!'

So I am totally against re-picking now, perhaps if he does not claim his prize by the end of the month Phil and Jeff can re-draw. Infact, if anyone who hasn't claimed their prize by the end of the month doesn't show up and claim, re-draw theres to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won something?[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]?[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]? I have never won anything in all my born days!!!!!!! Thank you PFT. How do I go about getting it? To those who did not win, don't give up: I am proof that anyone can win. Maybe there is some cosmic reason that Ron won twice, something beyond human understanding..........?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woohoo!!!!!

Thanks Phil and Jeff!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

:biggrin:

(Edited by jiana54 at 10:18 am on May 21, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Tamlin Dawnstar, jiana54, eklaab! Choose you plants carefully especially you, eklaab. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The contest has been started 10 months ago but only 5 sets(of 2) users has been announced. What happened to the other 5 months?

Thats a little strange that eklaab was picked twice! A few weeks ago a e-mailed a bunch people at GW who are pretty much regular posters over there hoping that they would be able to bring good contributions and discussion to the forum. I e-mailed through GW's e-mail system and I guess they read outgoing mail and don't care about the privacy of there users. As a result I was banned.

eklaab was one person who I told about this place and I regret I did. He caused a lot of anger to some members of this forum (bad attitude, check the "font size too small" and "gardenweb spamming 2" threads). I am sure he has quit this forum and I would suggest picking 2 new winners in his place.

btw, I admit having the greedy thought that inviting people would reduce the chances of winning this contest. But I think that being able to share this forum with others was a prize on it's own to me. Without the discussion of these plants with others like all of you reading this, I wouldn't even be able to grow them at all!

Joe

(Edited by Statik2426 at 12:13 am on May 22, 2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eklaab's last message in this forum:

"I am very taken aback by all this hostility and threats of bodily harm against myself. If this is how you treat people with good intentions, I do not want have any part of it. I withdraw my help.

Goodbye

Ron"

8[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]7 pm on April 25, 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok..

I'm not gonna yell...

But.

I'm irritated.

1) We do this "contest" as a token of our appreciation for participation.

2) it's nothing set in stone... when we have a chance, we pick winners. ... if we're busy, it's not exactly the closest thing to a high priority.

3) PLEASE don't tell me how to RUN our 'contest' ... as it is SUPPOSE to be fun. Not something that is a controversy ... or anything worth nit picking over.

If I get hassled, i'll just stop it. We tried to do it for added fun... and participation. Not for people telling me I should repick people cuz they dont' agree on how it was done or WHO "won" ...

Grrrrr.

Yes, it's a tone of frustration.

Reminds me when I was in school... and they would give ice cream out to the top 3 grades on a test... and then one little brat would whine about how his icecream was smaller than the other little brat. So, they just stopped giving them ice cream to shut them up.

>=[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 100% agree with Philip commets
    Pet stuff put up the contest they have they right to set up the rules if and when to make the draw and so on.
    even the most evel one can win in any contest in the world as long as the rules doesn't say he couldn't take part.
    all what members on the forum has to say is thanks and maybe the next time you or I or any other would win.
    I know many would say in any lotery game why he was won and I don't and so on but you aren't go and "attack" the company about it.
    Let's Pet stuff do the great job they do and they choose to put up the contest if they want they can stop doing it and no one would won is that a better way?
    I admire the job they do and see how the forum is growing up nicely and that not becouse of the contest.
    let's grow plants friends
    they grow better when the grower is not angree
    arie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast