Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Halogen work lights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I saw some halogen work lights at lowes. They're available in either 500 or 250 watts. Some even come on a stand that let you position the lights however you want. Anyhow, I was just wondering if you could use them as grow lights. I know they make a lot of heat but they're so bright i think you could put them several feet away from the plants. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?? Thanks!

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buckeye,

I am not sure, but I think that Hallogen Lamps put out the wrong spectrum of light. You might want to check out the LIGHTING 101 topic that is pinned in the green house and terrarium topic.

If your going for a high powered light like that, I have heard multiple success stories about high pressure sodium, and myself am getting ready to play around with a 5200K metal halide.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I think i'll stick with florescent for now but i'll take a look at those sodium bulbs.