Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cp\'s At Lowes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to call it a subject of differences in opinion. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought all that they had and that was 6 vft's and if they had more i would have rescued them all.i love cp's and makes me sad to see them in that kind of condition [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ( I made this topic in the forums already )I saved 9 cobra lilie that were floating on water and now they are doing great , they're flowering .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a plot to make people feel bad about the condition of the plants and buy them up to 'rescue' them.

T

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Tony. :-) I just rescued a dendrobium. I spoke to the manager though and got it for half price because I told him I didn't want to pay &#3615 for a half-dead, rock-dry orchid. I took the baby home and soaked it to rehyrdrate it, repotted it and hopefully it will put up new canes.

Lowes wastes SO many plants.

Nep G....i said "horrible"....not terrible. :biggrin:

Suzanne

YOu know Steveo maybe right,

Maybe we shouldn't 'fund this effort'

Maybe this can force them into taking better care of their plants if no one buys them.

Just a thought.

I can't tell you how many times I grab plants b/c I know that they will end up dead.

But if no one bought them, allowed them all to die, and lose all of their money that they put into them, it might either:

1) change the way the take care of plants ( ALL plants )
    1) make them quit carring things they can't take care of.

I saw the other day Lowe's stock is up...I guess them can't kill lumber and paint [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [quote]Quote: from jaie on 6:45 am on May 23, 2002
    YOu know Steveo maybe right,

Maybe we shouldn't 'fund this effort'

Maybe this can force them into taking better care of their plants if no one buys them.

Just a thought.

I can't tell you how many times I grab plants b/c I know that they will end up dead.

But if no one bought them, allowed them all to die, and lose all of their money that they put into them, it might either:

1) change the way the take care of plants ( ALL plants )
    1) make them quit carring things they can't take care of.

I saw the other day Lowe's stock is up...I guess them can't kill lumber and paint [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img][/quote

That's how I feel about it, I think. I think that problems with businesses are most effectively solved by not doing business. It's not like anyone at Lowe's can be taught anything, since there are no permanent employees nor any community responsibility there.

The price, I think, is one factor in this issue that doesn't get mentioned. There is no arguing that these dried out, light-starved plants are very cheap (&#362-3) relative to other sources. But I think that kind of saving only makes sense when you are buying them in huge quantities. I don't mind giving PFT a little more money for the maybe dozen plants I can support.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This abuse isn't limited to commercial enterprises. I visited a conservatory in Rochester NY that had a CP display. One look and I went to find the manager, and told him the CP were far too dry and needed watering badly. "I know" he replied. I felt like saying "Then give me the watering can and I'll do it" sheesh! BTW the Nepenthes was doing fairly well, as were the temperate Butterworts. We're talking about peat substrate as dry as an unmoistened bale! (shudder) The Droserae were pathetic, grrrrrr!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast