What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sad night

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi all

Tonite there was a shooting here just a few hours ago. It may be another one of the sniper shootings. Numerous roads, highways and interstates were shut down within ten minutes after it was reported. It is a mess here...police are swarming everywhere. They are taking no chances. The victim is a 37 year old man who was shot as he and his wife left a restaurant. He is still in surgery as I write. They wont know for a while yet if its the sniper or not. They are hoping to recover the bullet. I was only a few miles away in a grocery store when it happened. I saw one of the police helicopters as I drove home...I wondered who they were looking for. Earlier in the evening I was at Lowes and as I loaded my car, I found myself looking around wondering if there was a good place a sniper could shoot from. Schools here have been in "lockdown" for over a week...most outdoor school activities have been cancelled.

There are so many bad things happening in the world today...the bombing in Bali, the child abductions, the sniper...it seems to never end.

I hope all of you will send good thoughts and prayers to all the victims of these horrible acts. Stay safe, watch out for your neighbors, love your family and your children and TELL them how much you love them every day. You never know when they might be taken from you with no warning.

Suzanne
sad.gif

yes Susanne it can be a terrible world. as there are many many bad things remember to look at the good. although it is hard to do, it sometimes, is the only way to go on. keep the bad in mind as to stay as safe as possible. many thought go out all the time to all in these situations. I talked to an elder woman at the store just 4 hours ago about the sniper situation. my neighborhood is a good one. I don't live in a bad area of town. and we have a low crime rate. although my new neighbors (moved in 2 months ago) have had their house broke into about 6 times in the last 2 weeks. I now have my camcorder out my window facing their back yard in hopes of catching something helpful. I pray for us all...
Andrew

Back