What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Musical preference

• Thread starter lithopsman
  • Start date
I added my reply to the last topic asking this, I guess I'll do it again.

I like most of the 80's metal Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Twised Sister and so on.

I also like Zack Wylde, Savatage,

I like southern rock Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Allman Brothers, And one of my favs Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I like the rough country (not the stuff you hear on the radio) Charlie Daniels, Hank Williams JR, Mearl Haggard

I don't think I even have to list my favorite Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

I have to mention one of the best bands of alltime Forever Untouched!!!!!
biggrin.gif

TAPROOT! They are the best in concert. Stephen Richards even came down to mosh with us during their tour in San Francisco.

My favorite music/artists list would go on and on, but here's some of the best:

Bjork
System of a Down
No Doubt (Go Californians)
Shakira(Spanish Only)
Britney Spears
GreenDay (More Californians)
Radiohead
Madonna
Aliyah
Mariah Carrey
Sarah McLaughlin
Zoe'
La Ley
John Mayer
Jimmy Eat World
Hot Hot Heat
Queens of the Stone Age
Aerosmith
Tori Amos
Tool/Perfect Circle

That's all I can come up with, there's just too many kinds of music/performers I love and that's not counting the one hit wonders.

Favorite bands/artists, in order (more or less)

Beatles
Cure
Pink Floyd
Zepplin
Crowded House
James
Melissa Etheridge
Radiohead
The The
Mozart
Tori Amos
Moxy Fruvous

lots more! but those are the biggies..

Country music simply does not exist in my universe.

Scot

What I'm currently listening to the most:

Drive-By Truckers
Slobberbone
Twaine
Michelle Branch
Silverchair
Second Coming
Johnny Cash
David Allan Coe

These are in order. My most favorites are first and my most favorites are last and my most favorites are in between my most favorites and my most favorites. (Confusing huh?)

Jimmy Eat World
Damone
Nerf Herder
Weezer
Andrew W.K.
The Distillers
Mest
Yellowcard
MxPx
NOFX
Dropkick Murphy's
Pennywise
Less Than Jake
Face to face
Wakefield
The Ataris
Blink 182
The Suicide Machines
Stairwell
Pointwest (Local Band that sounds like Jimmy Eat World)
Allister
Northstar
Revis
Bowling for Soup (Duh! Who doesn't like them?)
Green Day
Reliant K
Home Grown
Alkaline Trio
Off By One
Sum 41
Slick Shoes
The Used
Rancid
The Descendents
Keepsake
No Use For A Name
Western Waste
Tsunami Bomb
Kicked in the Head
Millencolin

One last thing, Pyro, you rock dude!

mike
rolleyes.gif

When able to get family to leave the Iron Maiden gets played.
Other favorites-

Judas Priest
Dio (solo and Sabbath)
Pink Floyd

Brian

well i am a musician so i am quite biased. i rarely listen to anything mainstream because the effects of modern record lables, the radio, MTV, etc are but a hinderence to musical creativity. the talent of old is now replaced with a simplistic, "catchy", polyester-like mockery that has its base more so in fashion and trends (what bands do dawson's creek listen to?) then musical talent. in a day when even those devoid of any vocal talent ( britany, j-lo, ect) can become singers the beauty of what real musicians do seems forgotton. *end rant*  
biggrin.gif
soooo.. back to the topic at hand, i listen to a pretty good variety with a scope that reaches all the way from jazz-fuzion to the heaviest european death metal. i however my true LOVE lies in the vastness that is metal(mostly european bands). REAl metal.  remember there is nothing metal about nu-metal  
wink.gif

cosmo squad
dream theater
planet X
frank zappa
johnny cash
rush
hendrix
bon jovi (i dunno what that is doin ther?
biggrin.gif
)
cannibal corpse
dimmu borgir
the crown
macabre
symphony X
nile
deicide
soilwork
one life crew (old harcore)
snapcase (old stuff only)
earth crisis
integrity
strife (before they sold out)
lacuna coil
run dmc
opeth
digital underground (lol)
rolling stones
cryptopsy
al green
marvin gaye
A*** C***
arch enemy
rollins band
immolation
vintersorg
borknagar
death
children of bodam
iron maiden
yes
iced earth
queen
napalm death
public enemy
led zeppelin
strapping young lad
dead kennedys (i was a kid com'on)
ascension
visceral bleeding
megadeth
the cars
judas priest
slayer (old stuff only)
tom petty
twisted sister
vader
nevermore
meshuggah (except for that last album..yuck)
at the gates
aborted
of course my band Forever Untouched
and the list goes on...i have too many cds!!!! thanx mark for the props!!!
wink.gif

I didn't know that there was so many Queensryche Fans here. I heard that Queensryche Has a new album out. As anybody here heard it and is it any good? How does it compare to Operation:Mindcrime?  If any of you have never heard that album you need to get it. It's has an amazing storyline.

Death66, You're in Forever Untouched? ? Wow can I have your autograph? ? ? ? ?
wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (0zzy @ Sep. 26 2003,12:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">anybody here heard it and is it any good? How does it compare to Operation:Mindcrime?  [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Operation: Mindcrime is my all-time favorite and I listen to it almost everday. The new album is called Tribe, but it is not even close to Operation:Mindcrime in my opinion.

I bought that album back in 87 (I think) when it was released. I wore out 2 cassettes and now I have the cd.
I'm sure that the new album is not as good, but it's hard to equal that album. As good as Empire was it didn't even compare.

So, is there anyone here besides me whose head doesn't attract magnets? (metal head, get it?
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
)
J/K
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

My head doesn`t atract magnets lol.

dang it, where were all you metal people when I was publishing Battle Helm heavy Metal Magazine? There hasn't been a printed issue for years so don't go running to Tower Records or Barnes and Noble anymore. But you can find an online archive at www.battlehelm.com This is still updated with interviews and album reviews by the surviving die hards myself  and two writers (Shan a Malaysian metal maniac living in London and Anders from Sweden). Battle Helm covered all sorts of heavy metal from traditional power metal to new age-black metal.

I grew up with my teen age aunt listening to things like Kiss, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple and my parents listing to stuff like Yes, Rush and Black Sabbath. The very first song I can recall hearing as a young child is Iron Man by Sabbath. The first album I ever choose as a kid when I started to get allowance (or learned how to beg-I forget) was Iron Maiden's Killers LP. Ever since then I've been into heavy metal, punk (some) and progressive rock (some). A few of my faves are:
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Witchfinder General
Warlock
Dio
Iron Maiden
Manowar
Warlord
Witchfynde
Thor
Exciter
Judas Preist
Accept
Mayhem (original lineup with Dead & Euronymous)
Death SS
Venom
Bulldozer
Wasp
Gamma Ray
Helloween (early)
Grave Digger
Primal Fear
Virgin Steele
Running Wild
Grim Reaper
Discharge
Emperor (early)
Tiamat
Yes
Asia

I guess I could end this list with a note:
Any fans of Iron Maiden who have a Walmart nearby you should go check out the "burning brains" halloween candle in the halloween novelty section. It's a total rip off of Iron Maidens zombie charachter "Eddie" from the cover art of the Piece of Mind album...  it is a cool candle and only like $3!

wasp, yes!  king diamond, YES!  i think i'll have to go and throw in some "the electric circus" while i bulid my new indoor green house!

have you seen the "eddie" figurines yet?

i think that i'm gonna have to go to walmart tomorrow too...  i need more candles.

peace,
technoracer

Hey Technoracer. Yup I've got some of the Eddie action figures, The trooper, Killers, and the 2 foot tall "ultimate Asylum" Eddie from the Number of the Beast album cover that comes with the additional devil doll.

My pal in Sweden said over there they were selling the Ultimate Asylum Eddies for 75 Euros (about $68.25) + shipping from the Nuclear Blast (Germany) mailorder catalogue whereas the Spencers novelty shop in my area here in Minnesota was selling em for $19.99 on closeout special at the same time!

Read the package of the bootleg eddie candles at wal mart carefully, it's a generic box which may have either a melting hand or the zombie head.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lithopsman @ Sep. 21 2003,1:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. . . most new country(ie: Kenney Chesney, Toby Keith, Willie Nelson, etc) , (no old whistlin' rootin' tootin' stuff  
tounge.gif

confused.gif

wink.gif

wow.gif
 ) . . . Pretty much all civilized music, no hard rock, heavy metal, rap, etc...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
THANK YOU!!! Lithopsman I SO love you now!!!

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said! Oo... spelling mistake!!! Kenny Chesney lol sorry... I'm obsessed with him and I can get quite annoying at times, and I stare at the cover of the CD I have enough to memorize how everything is spelled... lol... I've also recorded the concert from this spring, "Kenny Chesney: Back Where I Come From", and, I swear, I watch it every Saturday!!!

Ozzy, what do you mean you don't hear the harder Country on the radio?! You get all of that on Florida's Country station, K92 FM (92.3 FM).

Now for ME! I listen to ANYTHING in the "newer" Country category. Also, CMT must be the ONLY channel I watch 12 hours a day...

Ok, sorry... LOL!
tounge.gif
Did you see on CMT that concert when Peyton Manning sang a song with him? Maybe that's the one that you recorded... Oh well, that's the Texan in me, also, I do't really like any of the new weird pop music and stuff... Pretty normal. I like it.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Flytrapgurl, Most country radio stations play Charlie Daniels "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" and a few songs from the other harder bands. But I'm not going to wait all week just to hear one song I like. It seems that country only plays the new songs over and over and over.

By the way flytrapgurl, Kenny Chesney lipsyncs. He can't sing.

tounge.gif
I'm only joking.

I think kenny chesney is good on the radio but if you listen too him singing a live song it sounds terible.Same thing with montgomery gentry,and the rascel flats band.

Back