What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wierd seed~

Hmm...I know there must be a ton of seeds like this, but I was wondering if any of you might have a clue~
I found it in the soil with peat moss/sphagnum in my sundews pot. It's a sphere-shaped, fuzzy covered brown seed and I thought it was just a lump of peat moss but it has sprouted... I tried taking a picture but my zoom just wont work. O yeah the seed is pretty big about 5mm diameter... My curiousity is just killing me and I think I'll feel better after I have this posted...I guess I shall just wait several months to satiate my curiousity. I really wanna know what it is!

It's really hard to say.  Could be a number of things.  Beggarticks (Bidens spp.) comes to mind.  They are usually found in moist areas.  There is a whole slew of plants with seeds like that though.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it grows up to be.

Back