Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish food

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A while ago I stumbled upon a mention of feeding Neps with fish food. Predatory fish food of coarse. I tried this and came up with wonderful results. So, I thought I would try this on some of my dews, pings, and vfts. To my suprise all of the fish food was digested within two days, excluding the Vfts which took four days to open back up. The fish food seems to break down easier and not leave anything behind. No more dead bug skeletons. Yaaaayyyyyy..... I'm going to try this on my sarrs in spring. Just hope that comes soon. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mike [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike,
    Are you talking about fish flakes for aquarium raised fish or fish emulsion? Inquring minds want to know! I also heard you can feed sarracenias milk. Anybody had any experience?

Brooks
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm... I think I'll try that! As an experiment, I think I'll also try it on my purpurea.

Sarracenieobsessed,
    I do have some experience with using milk as a nutrition supplement for my purpurea(the only sarr I have, unfortunately). Last year, I used one drop of whole milk in two of the pitchers once a month; and WOW did it work! My purpurea immediately went into a growth spurt, and as a result of that, I now am a proud owner of a purpurea with pitchers big enough for a quarter to fit flat inside the largest pitchers! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Since those drops of milk in two pitchers once per month worked so well last year, I'm going to continue this method very soon, since growing season is approaching rapidly! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The milk experiment last July: The Great Experiment, Fat Free Milk, Diluted Milk, Protein by Rampuppy

Fish Food Flakes: by timbudtwo

Fish Food Pellets: I got a tip for feeding dews... by cephalotus88

Bón appetite! (sp?)
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pellet and blood worm ideas sound good... I have three fish tanks(29 gallon, 10 gallon, and 2 gallon), so I have shrimp pellets and dried bloodworms, so I think I'll try them both on my VFTs and purpurea. I'll let y'all know how it goes soon!

P.S. Just an hour ago, I fed one of my VFTs a flake of my Omega One tropical fish flakes that I feed my fish(including my two angelfish)in my 29 gallon aquarium. Omega One is the best fish food in the free world. For that very reason, I think it will work verrrry well for the cps LOL! So I'll also let y'all know how that goes. I also fed my purpurea a drop of milk. I KNOW that will work well [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... I've seen things written. When fed the plants speed up leaf production and stuff like that........

Is this what happens when a CP eats, say, bugs? Just out of curiosity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes. It just doesn't speed it up like fish food or milk does.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update! Well, the green dragon VFT that I fed the fish food flake to yesterday is doing fine so far. The purpurea that I fed a drop of milk is doing well, too. In a little while today, I'm going to start the experiment with fish food pellets and dried bloodworms.

So, here is my little chart showing what plants I'm using for what experiment:

Milk experiment: S. purpurea
    Fish food flake experiment: small green dragon VFT
    Fish food pellet experiment(starting today): large green dragon VFT
    Dried bloodworm experiment(also starting today): common VFT

I will keep you posted on the results during the next several days!
    Liquid Plummer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast