Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can O Crickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venus Fly Trapper,

They are NOT freeze Dried, they are Pasteruized, all bacteria in them has been killed, and they are still in in posesison of at least some of their fluids.

They are prepared for sale just like that bottle of milk in your refrigerator, however they are canned in a steril container, and not for human consumption, so they have a much longer shelf life.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, even funner. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh...same diff, same diff...who cares anyway, as long as they taste good lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhmm, i ate a criket in the wild once, and it was consumed fine. It tasted like french fries! Mmmm
    Oh, so this is how you make a signature.

Marshfield, MA (US) USDA zone 6 cold-temperate coastal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ate a cricket in the wild once. . . Mmmm[/QUOTE]

I much prefer earthworms--kinda sour. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Bought one of those cans a while back...unless you remove the exoskeletons and separate the innards into small bits, they're only appropriate for larger sarrs and neps. So, I ended up not using them often, refrigerated the can, and fungus eventually developed. Live insects or freeze-dried bloodworms are a LOT easier.

Chris
    Chris Roy
    Eastern Massachusetts, United States

I have only made this letter rather long because I have not had time to make it shorter. - Blaise Pascal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a huge difference in freeze drying and pasteurization...

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha Ha Ha Ha...

It NEVER fails to amuse me what you guys there in the states can actually buy ofa the shelf.

CRICKETS in a CAN!!!!
    Had to tell my wife about that and I got a real strange look. Being from Japan she is used to curry, mustard and mayonaise (pre-mixed) and even cheese in tubes, but canned crickets?

Here in Indo I have to hunt for anything as exotic as SPAM or baked beans so I guess canned crickets won't be on the shelves for a while to come.

#### that's funny.

Cheers, Troy.

8. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12