Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera Recommendations?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i have a sony digital 8 camcorder that has still image picture taking capabilities. i agree. the memery stick does suck. that is why i bought the digital camera listed above. much better. every time i mention it to someone (and they know what to look for in a camera) they ask why something of such quality was needed. i tell them simply. if i buy something less that satisfactory now. i will be mad tommorow. so i have learned to buy the best now. hehe
    lates,
    andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won a Sony DSC-P50 last year. I do have big trouble taking plant macro photos with it. My camera does not focus well on green and red parts of plants, so I do have to take about 10-20 pics before one is halfways OK (pictures can be seen on my webpage). Also the light sensitivity of the CCD seems to be quite low comparing my photos with the photos Arie takes with his Nikon.

What really did upset me in the first place was that the camera was only able to take three photos with flash before the originally supplied batterys were so low, that it didn't turn on any more! I first thought this was a joke when reading it on the net. The camera seems to be build for their Lithium-Ionen-cells which are very expensive and you do have to get the original Sony charger which is even more expensive....

Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the $300 range I would get Olympus 520 or Sony P51. I have a Sony DSC-S75 and I love it. I have two friends that bought Sony's right after I got mine and they haven't told me any complaints. I would go to a store like where you can try the cameras out to help yourself choose. Heres a few good review sites.
    www.steves-digicams.com
    www.imaging-resource.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have to ring in again...

if you can still find one on the net for around 300 dollars, there is no beating the Nikon Coolpix 5000, it is the closest thing to a true camera you can buy without going pro. It is hands down, the best digital camera on the market right now, and there is a strange glut of them on the net going for far less than they should... why spend 300 dollars on a camera worth 3oo dollars when you can spend 3 to 500 (depending on if you can find it that cheap) on a camera worth 1500 dollars?

there is one going for 1100 right now on Ebay, with all 15 (I think) interchangable lenses, if that is to steep, a place called alien camera (I think) carries the CP 5000 itself with standard lense for 300 or so.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Nikon fan. I have a coolpix 990. Easy to use automatic but has a full range of manual for those that want to fiddle with all the settings. Incredible macro capability! will focus down to 1" from the subject plus has nice zoom for distance shots. 4 aa batteries (nickel metal hydride work great) plus compact flash memory.

Here is a pic of D. pulchella orange. Actual flower size about 1/4". This was taken in automatic mode with no tripod in a breezy greenhouse hehe.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Canon ZR50 digital camcorder/camera that I love. I don't have the ability to post any pics I have taken with it yet but I have been able to get some nice macro shots with it. Maybe not as crystal clear as Tony's but still very impressive IMHO.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (RamPuppy @ Aug. 19 2002,10:16)
    have to ring in again...

if you can still find one on the net for around 300 dollars, there is no beating the Nikon Coolpix 5000, it is the closest thing to a true camera you can buy without going pro. It is hands down, the best digital camera on the market right now, and there is a strange glut of them on the net going for far less than they should... why spend 300 dollars on a camera worth 3oo dollars when you can spend 3 to 500 (depending on if you can find it that cheap) on a camera worth 1500 dollars?

there is one going for 1100 right now on Ebay, with all 15 (I think) interchangable lenses, if that is to steep, a place called alien camera (I think) carries the CP 5000 itself with standard lense for 300 or so.[/QUOTE]
    I think Nikons are the best cameras under $1000 on the market. Once you get into the higher end digital cameras Canon seems to be my choice. In my dreams of course...

You'll be hard pressed to find a Nikon Coolpix 5000 for $500 much less $300. Maybe a used one.

If you do find one for under $500 make sure it's not a gray market camera and read reviews on the seller.

There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well, unfortuantly i don't have any 1/4 inch flowers to picture. but i do have a 3/8 inch flower of a "hearts and flowers" plant. so here you go take a look. again many features (see previous post by me) and all arround great camera. also takes 4 AA so it is easy to have extras. the quality of each picture can be adjusted to fit what you want. low quality i can fit approx 1800 pics on a 128 mb card. high quality approx 30. (no flash, outside 15 mph gusts)

lates,
    andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

9. Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast