User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The amber forest prehistory book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having run out of Nepenthes monographs to spend my hard earned money on, I've had to turn to other natural history books to cure my reading addiction.

I just picked up an interesting looking book today. It's written by a pair of biologists (George and Roberta Poinar) who've spent some time studying Dominican Amber and have attempted to present a view of Hispaniolas ancient tropical forest flora and smaller families of fauna (insects and lower vertebrates). All somewhat theoretical I suppose but it looks like it could be an interesting read.

Has anyone else seen this book yet?

What is your latest book?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since i'm a charlie chaplin fan i picked up " charles chaplin , my autobiography " if you thought that this guy was just a clown with a mustache and cane that made pople laugh then think again . his life is way more intereting then kicking a guy in his rear , he is from england , he lived a very poor and poverty life , his mother was insane , he was jewish , his dad divorced her giving charlies family tons of hardships , his father died because of drinking porbalems when charles was just a young boy , he had 4 wives , 3 which divorced him and 1 that married him when he was an old man , he had children even when he was an old man , he has step brother , he had 14 children , he was banned from america , he looked entiryl differnt when he took of his costume ( the mustache , baggy pants , and cane )and he made 81 films . very interesting also this books talks about the things that happened in eras such as the mc carthy era , the great depression and world war 2 and also talks about the famous people back in the past such as douglas fairbanks and william randouldh hearst . very interesting book , considering that a 13 year old kid read it . a book i considered reading was harry potter and the order of the phoenix , i recieved it a couple weks ago but never got to reading it because i wasnted to finish the charles chaplin book .