Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: stratification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey everybody

when you go about stratifying seeds, should the seeds be put in the refrigerator and kept dry or is it ok to put them on moist peat? thank you for any suggestions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] take care!

-josh
    through understanding of our differences, we will find respect for one another. we are all flesh and blood. i am not affraid to speak my mind. no matter the consequences, stay true to yourself. through the humble eyes of a child, we will realize true equality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you can put them in an envelope and stratify, or sow them and put the pot in the fridge.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different Genera and species have different requirements. Sarracenia and Darlingtonia need a wet stratification, as does Drosera arcturi, uniflora and stenopetala. Most of the temperate Drosera species do fine with just a cold dry strat for about a month
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok! thank you guys soo much!! im relieved to find that i did my sarr seeds correctly!! phew! take care

-josh
    through understanding of our differences, we will find respect for one another. we are all flesh and blood. i am not affraid to speak my mind. no matter the consequences, stay true to yourself. through the humble eyes of a child, we will realize true equality.