What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue dart frog

"Jeremiah, wouldn't it be easier to feed him something bigger? Do crickets or mealworms not work? Just wondering..."

Yeah it would but these are very small frogs they are about 1 inch (they get about 1 1/2 to 2 inches) so I would have to feed the 1/16 to 1/8 inch crickets. No pet store near me sells them that small so I would have to order them. I would have to get 500 to 1000 at once so a lot of them would be to big by the time I was ready to feed them. Fruit flies are really not that hard to culture so I will just do that for now.

thanks for the idea
Jeremiah

That is a beautiful little frog Jeremiah. I have been fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time in the cloud forests of Costa Rica where a number of species of "dart" frogs are part of the ecosystem. I have seen the famous "Golden Arrow" frog a number of times but that was over fifteen years ago and alas they are probably extinct by now. I was there again last may and the frogs population has crashed...no one knows why.
The whole area is a huge tourist draw now and I suspect that is the reason...along with collecting.

1 of 4 tinc patricia morphs

patricia.jpg

Great looking frogs, and great pictures.
I always wanted to try keeping dart frogs before. I almost bought some several times when I was at reptile shows and they had them for good prices.

beautiful frogs!
smile.gif

I wanted to try growing poison dart frogs, but i just found out that keeping any exotic animal in PR is considered illegal. I guess that i'll have to be content with your pictures and the little tree frogs that inhabit my backyard.

coquiheliconia.jpg

Jœl

Back