User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I saw a rare drosera!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from visiting a bog in Wisconsin and I was able to get a look at D. linereas...the woman I was with....I met her on the trail and she was doing a butterfly survey and I tagged along...pointed it out to me....occurding to her this colony is only one of 12 growing in N. America....it was pretty cool!!!
    By the way...does anyone know where I can get some D. rotundifilia that is hardy to northern winters...I want to put some in my bog garden and let them overwinter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHAT?!?!? No pictures?! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    ...No snowflake ever lands in the wrong place...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry no pictures and anyway I have no way of posting them on the web...it was a pretty cool encounter with this lady...We were on our way out of the bog when we happened upon her.... I asked her what she was up to and she told me of the butterfly survey and then I told her of my interest in CPs. She then said by the way do you want to see a rare Drosera....she knew a lot about bog ecology and she gave us a personal walking tour of the bog pointign this and that and giving us ethnobotanical values to the plants......It was amazing....